Dangerous fake email scams Page 13

Just got emails from Led Zeppelin and Neil Young to resubscribe to their newsletters. Seems a bit dodgy!!!

Spot the deliberate mistake!

:D

We identified an error in the calculation of your tax from the last payment, amounting to lb 1,400.00. In order for us to return the excess payment, we need to confirm a few extra details after which the funds will be credited to your specified bank account. Please click "Refund Me Now" below to claim your refund:

Quote: Chappers @ 9th January 2014, 7:17 PM GMT

Just got emails from Led Zeppelin and Neil Young to resubscribe to their newsletters. Seems a bit dodgy!!!

Hard to resist.

The simplest solution to this is. DON'T EVER OPEN UNEXPECTED E-MAILS. Delete from inbox and then delete from trash. In the word of meerkat, simples.

'Are you tired of seeking loans and mortgages from banks? Have you been turned down constantly by your banks and other financial institutions due to bad credit? Are you about loosing your home due to financial constraints? Our loans are available from GBP 50,000.00, GBP 750,000.00 to GBP 950 Millions over 3-20 years at rates ranging from 3.5% to 6.5% APR'

£950,000,000. Really? Where do I sign?

George Osborne might be interested in that one.

"sobs"

Charity from Mrs. Isis Rubben

I am 65 years old widow suffering from cancer. I had no child and I am undergoing great humiliation from my late husband's relatives. It is my heart desire to make a generous donation of Ј5 Million (Five Million British Pounds) to you for charity work in your country. Please, I want you to assist me establish a Charitable project with this money. I will give you more details as soon as I hear from you.
Reply through my personal email: isxxxxxxxx@freemail.uz

Mrs. Isis Rubben
Writing from sick bed

Teary

Quote: Oldrocker @ 20th February 2014, 11:48 PM GMT

"sobs"

Charity from Mrs. Isis Rubben

I am 65 years old widow suffering from cancer. I had no child and I am undergoing great humiliation from my late husband's relatives. It is my heart desire to make a generous donation of Ј5 Million (Five Million British Pounds) to you for charity work in your country. Please, I want you to assist me establish a Charitable project with this money. I will give you more details as soon as I hear from you.
Reply through my personal email: isxxxxxxxx@freemail.uz

Mrs. Isis Rubben
Writing from sick bed

Teary

That's selfish of you not to show the real email address!

Quote: Chappers @ 21st February 2014, 12:40 AM GMT

That's selfish of you not to show the real email address!

Tell you what.

Send me £100 and I'll reveal the real email address to you.

Deal?

This is really starting to piss me off . .

From:Facebook Dating (facebook.dating@sxxxxxxxxxxet.com) Your junk email filter is set to exclusive.
Sent:10 March 2014 20:51:40

This message is here because your junk email filter is set to exclusive.
Wait, it's safe!

(7) Friend may really be interested in you :)

There is a person in that could be a great match.

Find out who it is (It's Free)

I'm getting these into my junk email folder every 15 minutes or so.

The option to unsubscribe is in Ft Lauderdale.

I'm wary of clicking it as that tells the people at the other end that they've hit on a live email address.

Thoughts?

Ever since I discovered the sweep function, these things bother me no more.

Yeah, I've started using sweep but the problem seems to be that the @xxxxxxxx.com is different each time.

Mind you, I seem to have answered my own question there because if I unsubscribe it's only from that @xxxxxxx.com so it's the same thing really.

If you get my drift . . .

Quote: sootyj @ 10th March 2014, 10:00 PM GMT

Ever since I discovered the sweep function, these things bother me no more.

I might have known sooty would use the sweep function.

:D

Hello

My name is Barrister Peter Etuhu Esq, a solicitor at law.i have an
important message for you concerning the death of Mr.J C.Wingate.who
was my client a national of your country,that bear thesame last name
with you, and the funds of US$9.5 Million,he left behind here in my
country ( Togo ) as the result of accident that took his life and his
family.Contact me at(peteretuhu2@gmail.com)for full details.telephone
number is +228-90273754

I await your urgent response ASAP.
Best regard
Peter Etuhu