Doc Martin Page 4

I want to see a winter setting of Port When. It would be nice to see the Doc and Buddy and Louisa all tobaganing and Christmas carrolling and decorating for Christmas. And they could go ice skating in the harbor. Reindeer could be walking in the fields. In any case, I absolutely love all the characters--so charming and kind and funny. Where I live, people are often cruel, deceitful and even deadly. You never can tell who's really your friend or who's gonna do you harm due to the deceit factor. But in magical Port When in New Zealand, everybody is a wonderful nice honest bloke.

New Zealand? Wrong hemisphere!

Quote: grandmakod @ July 13 2013, 10:56 PM BST

With a bit of help from John Marquez. (PC Penhale! He is hilarious!)

Yes, I love PC Penhale too! He makes my night every time he appears in the show! Has anyone seen him in that episode of Hotel Babylon with his brother, they play brothers in that too, just like in the episode of DM 'Perish Together As Fools'.

I have to say that I prefer Stewart Wright to John Marquez, whose character I find a little irritating.

But the series is quite good - wasn't sure how I was going to like it after it did such a good job of wrapping up loose ends last season. How can you go wrong with the great writing AND the great casting, though?

I want to see more of the dog though... he's not around as often as the previous dog was.

I think the Policeman is the main problem. The character is just so unbelievable and in comedy drama the situations are humourous but the characters should seem real.

Like Doc Martin is the like awesomenest show I ever seen. Like I like the way he is with people and with like animals and stuff. He's like the awesomenestest guy I like ever seen. The Port When and the like people there and stuff are like all totally awesome.

season six has to be the best Doc Martin season of all time....I hope more seasons follow....this season was mindblowingly awesome.....I could really feel the love and the compassion all the way through......it's a relax and sip warm coffee or tea type of entertainment.....I wish I lived in the Doc Martin series.....and Claire Bloom is a wonderful person....

Quote: Buddy Clause @ 16th December 2013, 3:15 AM GMT

season six has to be the best Doc Martin season of all time....I hope more seasons follow....this season was mindblowingly awesome.....

I am SO looking forward to SE6!!! But, not sure if it will air locally. If not, I will not hesitate to buy the DVD!

Quote: Buddy Clause @ 16th December 2013, 3:15 AM GMT

I hope more seasons follow....this season was mindblowingly awesome.....

Well after Winter we should have Spring followed by a bit of Summer, then some Autumn and back to Winter again.

Love Doc Martin too by the way - especially Caroline Catz.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th December 2013, 11:00 PM GMT

Love Doc Martin too by the way - especially Caroline Catz.

Caroline Catz is a heart throb!!! Watched a whole series of DCI Banks just because she was going to be in the next one.

season seven should have a remade intro music piece---the same music but with a haunted whirling effect...and the main characters could have faint ghostly effigies floating above their respective dwellings near the end of the music intro....also the new series could have narrators before the opening of each scene....and in an episode or two....there could be a dreamscape musical that one of the characters is having of life in port when....

season seven should have a remade intro music piece---the same music but with a haunted whirling effect...and the main characters could have faint ghostly effigies floating above their respective dwellings near the end of the music intro....also the new series could have narrators before the opening of each scene....and in an episode or two....there could be a dreamscape musical that one of the characters is having of life in port when....

I can't wait for more Doc martin. We need to try a different tack. Doc could go gaga. There could be pandemonium. Villagers could go bonkers.

Doc Martin is a serious almost docudrama of Portwenn in Cornwall....South Pacific? The Doc has a flock of friends who all need to follow his professional example. He has a dog a wife and a kid. They all have excellent hygeine and they keep a clean house.

it would be nice for a Doc's Aunt Joan Norton to return to the series...like she drops in and checks on her farm and then later on the Doc and his surgery....what a pleasant surprise....also Doc Sims could pop in for a spot of tea now and again...it's the best he could do considering his current conditions....

Season 6 finally on local PBS. Crazy! No promo or notices. Just ran after the season 5 re-runs as if it were no big deal. Could easily have missed them. The opener was the funniest episode yet. Also, seems Carolyn has trimmed up a bit. She sure looked good in that wedding dress.

Note: I now have "over the air" capability and can watch, for the first time, in HD. Nice!