New website

Hi there, it's been a long while since I posted on here. I had been running blogs via a MySpace page but have now finally set up my own free-standing website.

It's at www.hilaryfortnum.co.uk

In a nutshell - retired chap from Wetherby takes it upon himself to pester TV companies, politicians, celebrities and the great and the good of this world regarding matters as diverse as a wasps' nest in his back garden to his idea for a television programme called "Sick or Soup".

Please do take a look and let me know what you think - www.hilaryfortnum.co.uk

Kindest reagrds,

Hilary

You are fantastic, I utterly loved it all. Well done and lets hope to see more.

lown away......

Quote: writeone1 @ February 18, 2008, 2:15 AM

You are fantastic, I utterly loved it all. Well done and lets hope to see more.

lown away......

I'm very grateful for your kind words! I certainly intend to stick around this forum and will be back. It is great to see so many creative minds at work. I commend you all!

Absolutely Genius!!! I Love It! Good Work!!

Nice idea Hilary. Not sure what you'd do if you had indeed instigated a war though!

Have you seen the following books? Your comedy is very much along those lines and I think they'd help inspire you...

Henry Root Letters
See Amazon product listing

The Timewasters Letters

Prank The Monkey (USA)

I'd recommend them all. A couple are listed on Amazon at 1p so it won't cost you much either! (How anyone can sell something for a penny and make a profit I don't know)

Quote: Mark @ February 21, 2008, 10:47 AM

Nice idea Hilary. Not sure what you'd do if you had indeed instigated a war though!

Have you seen the following books? Your comedy is very much along those lines and I think they'd help inspire you...

Henry Root Letters

The Timewasters Letters

Prank The Monkey (USA)

I'd recommend them all. A couple are listed on Amazon at 1p so it won't cost you much either! (How anyone can sell something for a penny and make a profit I don't know)

Thanks. I have seen the Timewasters Letters, he certainly elicits more replies than I do. I do love it when I receive a response (nearly as much as Hannibal from the A-Team loved it when a plan came together, which he really did love), however, often the joke is in the original letter rather than the polite reply. I am hoping to turn some of the blogs into a book interwoven into the life story of Hilary Fortnum, an apparently unspectacular life story made (hopefully) spectacular by humour.

I may well invest in the Henry Root books.

Kind regards etc.

Very funny indeed. Laughing out loud

Hilary, this is just terrific. Amongst many things I would like you to have one is a regular column in one of the Nationals.

Love it.

Only read a few "letters" but I liked it very good.

I agree with all the other posts. To my mind, the best writer on this site by a Country mile. :D

What a wonderful and fertile imagination. Excellent stuff.

Nicely done, and quite believable, reminiscent of that cold war satire about the guy who dropped out of NATO,

Yeyyyy! Excellentey! Clever boy!

I think Hilary it is a case of getting your site read by someone in the business. There are plenty of ways to promote your stuff.

I think it is obvious your writing style is good enough and original enough to have wide audience appeal but, as I say , work on publicizing it. Have you sent the link to the BBC Writers Room ?.

I am humbled and grateful for all of your kind comments.

Nigel Tufnel - that is a challenge I intend to take up. I have had in mind both a book and a sitcom based on the life of Hilary (sadly, unlike him I work full time so it is taking me a long time!). I will soon be getting a laptop which will increase my productivity and I will hopefully get something to the BBC Writers Room soon(ish).