I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,414

Well he is tall enough to have touched the face of God

Quote: sootyj @ 18th January 2014, 9:58 PM GMT

So if they're guilty then they'll be free to pursue their victims in the next life, what sort of loving God would permit that.

No we aren't the same 'person' once we've died

The 'spirit' us - and the physical 'us' on earth isn't the same

They are two separate entities largely

Once a paedo has died his spirit won't go to a 'hell' but he or she will be filled with the guilt of their actions on earth and will have to deal with it , which can take years - there are souls who can help them to recover though

Supposing they don't feel any guilt at all

Quote: Oldrocker @ 18th January 2014, 9:57 PM GMT

Good news for Roche, Harris and Travis . .

...and not such good news for the Cherubs...

Quote: sootyj @ 18th January 2014, 10:08 PM GMT

Supposing they don't feel any guilt at all

Oh they will

'Heaven' is a pure place

There's no sex and violence

No evil

It's all goodness and light and beauty

And when we , the real 'we' , the spirit 'we' , return there to our real home (earth isn't our real home, it's just a temporary learning place) - we review our life in our last physical incarnation on earth and believe me, if we have murdered, raped, abused - we will be filled with remorse and guilt and won't be able to rest in peace until we've come to terms with what we've done

I tell you in 100-% certainty - Jimmy Savile will have to deal with his guilt for 'years' ( there are no 'years' in heaven - but I mean the earth equivalent of years)

The Savile in heaven now isn't the same c**t that was on this earth

Which is why I hope his soul rests in peace eventually

It's not the same 'person'

The paedo has gone

What's left now is a wretched blackened remorseful pitiful soul

It's more I like the mythology of religion, I love the idea of some of the stories. Because that's what they are the Bible stories, with not a hint of historical versilimitude. Or even a coherent philosophy you have to find it.

I mean I like Moses, it's like Moses off's some Egyptian overseer c**t and goes on the run. He shacks up with a bird beats the crap out of some shepherds.
Then God says go back f**k up the Egyptians and set my people free.
F**k you says Moses, got my bird, got my sheep.
You will.
Oh yeh well show me your face.
You'll explode if you see my face.
Then show me your arse.

So God shows Moses his arse, Moses is so inspired he takes the mission.

Now that's what I call an inspiring tale and one in which I see all the meaning I need.

Quote: sootyj @ 18th January 2014, 10:26 PM GMT

It's more I like the mythology of religion, I love the idea of some of the stories. Because that's what they are the Bible stories, with not a hint of historical versilimitude. Or even a coherent philosophy you have to find it.

I mean I like Moses, it's like Moses off's some Egyptian overseer c**t and goes on the run. He shacks up with a bird beats the crap out of some shepherds.
Then God says go back f**k up the Egyptians and set my people free.
F**k you says Moses, got my bird, got my sheep.
You will.
Oh yeh well show me your face.
You'll explode if you see my face.
Then show me your arse.

So God shows Moses his arse, Moses is so inspired he takes the mission.

Now that's what I call an inspiring tale and one in which I see all the meaning I need.

See - all that right there is why you can't trust humans to write The Bible!!

Laughing out loud

Well I suppose it's using the words as a framework.

I mean one of my fave Biblical figures is Jacob,

I mean his name means crooked, so basically he's called wrong 'un.
Nicks his brother's inheritance and his brother's like a Ray Winstone, Micheal Madson psycho.
So he goes on the run for years until he's finally ready to face his brother. Sends his mates and family so he can face him alone like Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris.
Starts praying for courage, when an angel or possibly God his bad self jumps him. But does he back down, does he f**k he scraps him alnight, till he beats a proper name out of him. That and God f**ks his leg up, because he's the almighty and he's rock.
So the person who is the founder of the people of Israel, is basically a rotter, who repents and is willing to scrap his inheritance out of God himself.

Now for me that's an inspiring tale however much of a myth it may be.

Jacob was crackers

Jacob was the dude, I think the Bible as the distillation of the legends and myths of people over a 1000 years as they moved from primitive idolatry to enlightened monotheism the precursor to our western civilisation.

Now that's interesting.

True

I just hope God doesn't ask you to write The Bible 2: the return

The zebras wouldn't get on the ark. :(

they would, then I would have sunk it

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th January 2014, 10:53 PM GMT

True

I just hope God doesn't ask you to write The Bible 2: the return

Granted there would be more car chases and shower based sex scenes and it would feature Bruce Willis as John McClane

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th January 2014, 9:52 PM GMT

Ffs dude!
Now get off my case or ill ask God to send a zebra to butt rape you in your dreams

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th January 2014, 10:24 PM GMT

And when we , the real 'we' , the spirit 'we' , return there to our real home (earth isn't our real home, it's just a temporary learning place) - we review our life in our last physical incarnation on earth and believe me, if we have murdered, raped, abused - we will be filled with remorse and guilt and won't be able to rest in peace until we've come to terms with what we've done

I'm not keen on this version, would prefer like super hell for baddies.

But I think we're all avoiding the big question when it comes to Heaven - where do the puppies and kitty cats go?

If in fact you believe animals have souls and are allowed to reflect on their past lives and if indeed, they have morals to begin with. Some owners say their animals have been 'naughty' - but have they been? And when a pet does something wrong, is it because it's angered it's owner, who has imprinted human morals on an animal? How messed up is that?