Chain Reaction

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/chain_reaction/

Anyone listened to this before if you have is it good? I have heard once or twice and I thought it was OK. So I will listen to this when it comes on

The Neil Innes/Grant Morrison one was particularly entertaining.

I never knew Innes had written a humourous introduction to Economics. I looked at it on Amazon: £676.99.

This concept is bloody brilliant, I've caught up on the earlier series that I initially missed via BBC Radio Player as most of them are available on there at the moment. Stand out episodes have featured Simon Day and Paul Whitehouse plus the John Cooper-Clarke/Kevin Eldon one is really entertaining, especially as they discuss the mechanics of comedy writing and collaboration. It does meander into sycophancy at some points though, but that doesn't really detract from the quality.

Hello, old thread man here again :D

Been picking a few of these up from R4+ on me digi-box. Haven't listened to them all (12 series!?), but the highlights for me were Sara Pascoe Interviews Harry Hill..............Harry Hill Interviews Tim Vine and Tim Vine Interviews Sir Ken Dodd.

Harry Hill was sublime and SO FUNNY. I was in hysterics with some of his jokes, and still chuckling about one of them all evening and this morning

They've started repeating Series 9 on Radio 4+. The first one was Terry Christian talks to Kevin Bridges - VERY FUNNY!

NEXT, AND NOT BE MISSED! Kevin Bridges talks to Frankie Boyle - I reckon it'll be a cracker. So looking forward to it! Monday at 10:30pm

From 2004 a repeat run of the second series, and is only fitting the first episode it should be Barry Cryer, interviewed by Jo Brand.

Listened to it this morning, which was more or less the Mark Lawson TV interview in sound - very, VERY funny though, with a couple of new anecdotes.

Next week, Barry interviews Mark Thomas

The Mark Thomas interviewing Alexie Sayle was brilliant, and so too was the follow on of Alexie interviewing Lenny Henry - very funny!

It's not surprising then, that Alexie was the way he was, as both his parents were Communists. Cool. ?

Made the mistake of taking pills while listening to the next prog. of Lenny Henry interviewing Bill Bailey - they had me in hysterics and I got a pill stuck at the back of my throat. Managed to retrieve it, but won't be doing that again!

Two very, very funny men just shooting the breeze and so effin' hilarious. ?????

Repeating Series 4 on R4+ and the first one is Catherine Tate interviewing David Tennant, which was funny and I should imagine more fun for fans of Doctor Who, which I'm not.

David Tennant, interviewing Richard Wilson - hysterically funny. Love it!

Repeat run of Series 6 at the moment - the first one being Ronni Ancona interviewing Lee Mack

VERY FUNNY!

Seems I'm the only one listening to these, and what a treat you are all missing!

Repeating Series 6 at the mo on R4+, but coming to an end.

These are all very good, funny and interesting

Last week was Ruby Wax interviewing Harry Shearer, which would have been better if she shut up sometimes and let Harry answer the question in full, and this week it was Harry's turn to interview Stephen Merchant, which kept up the standard of being very funny!

John Cooper Clarke interviewing Kevin Eldon - absolutely hilarious!