I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,411

We should just go all Logan's Run
on their asses

Once someone hits 50 the state hunts them down and puts them to death

Quote: sootyj @ 18th January 2014, 2:11 PM GMT

And then I saw the big fat public sector pension and retiring at 50.

That refers to soldiers and policemen,

They'll be unfortunate casualties in the war against old people. Some codgers will use the excuse, 'but we paid in all our lives and deserve all these goodies' quite conveniently forgetting - they do that because of the Alzheimers - that they had it cushy their entire lives.

Public sector workers were guaranteed jobs for life and were almost impossible to sack despite their lack of skills, talent, productivity, etc. - they were taking weeks off with full sick pay to go on holiday or do other jobs.

Their houses cost a tenth of what they do now, petrol, cigarette and alcohol duties were also less then half of what they are now and public transport was virtually free. Phone bills, gas bills, water bills, etc. all much smaller then now and the concept of working on a Sunday was unthinkable. Two weeks off for Christmas, two weeks off at the end of August, a week off for Easter plus all the sick days meant most of them only properly worked a few days a year.

These spoiled old people should really shut the hell up and stop complaining.

A UKIP councillor has blamed the recent storms and heavy floods across Britain on the Government's decision to legalise gay marriage.

David Silvester said the Prime Minister had acted "arrogantly against the Gospel".

In a letter to his local paper he said he had warned David Cameron the legislation would result in "disaster".

UKIP said Mr Silvester's views were "not the party's belief" but defended his right to state his opinions.

Mr Silvester, from Henley-on-Thames in Oxfordshire, defected from the Tories in protest at David Cameron's support for same-sex unions.

In the letter to the Henley Standard he wrote: "The scriptures make it abundantly clear that a Christian nation that abandons its faith and acts contrary to the Gospel (and in naked breach of a coronation oath) will be beset by natural disasters such as storms, disease, pestilence and war."

He added: "I wrote to David Cameron in April 2012 to warn him that disasters would accompany the passage of his same-sex marriage bill.

"But he went ahead despite a 600,000-signature petition by concerned Christians and more than half of his own parliamentary party saying that he should not do so."

He then went to on blame the Prime Minister for the bad weather:

"It is his fault that large swathes of the nation have been afflicted by storms and floods."

He went on to say that no man, however powerful "can mess with Almighty God with impunity and get away with it".

A UKIP spokeswoman said: "It is quite evident that this is not the party's belief but the councillor's own and he is more than entitled to express independent thought despite whether or not other people may deem it standard or correct."

Independent thought made the UK "a wonderful, proud, diverse and free country".

Henley's Tory MP John Howell, said: "I thought Mr Silvester's letter was not the sort of thing that he should have written in today's age.

"He really needs to consider his position."

why do you never post links Lofty

There are some bonkers divs around.

Quote: sootyj @ 18th January 2014, 6:43 PM GMT

why do you never post links Lofty

Canny be arsed mon

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th January 2014, 6:40 PM GMT

"He really needs to consider his position."

And getting some psychological help.

If you believe in God

And if you were to ask God

These two women love each other and want to be joined in matrimony and spend the rest of their lives together - is that ok?

And if you think that God would reply "no it's not ok, and if this was to happen I will punish people by flooding their homes"

Then your a f**king moron

And need to keep your stupid nasty evil misguided bullcrap to yourself

Cos your not a Christian

Your a f**ktard

Jolly well said.

The Biblical God is a bit of a butt munch truth be told

I love the Old Testament. God is such a vengeful c**t. Take the story of Elisha and the Two Bears (2 Kings 2:23-25):
From there he went to Bethel. As he walked along the road, some boys came out of the city and mocked him. They said, "Go away, baldy! Go away bald head!" Looking back, he saw them and cursed them in the LORD's name. Two she-bears then came out of the woods and tore 42 of these youths apart.

Quote: sootyj @ 18th January 2014, 7:24 PM GMT

The Biblical God is a bit of a butt munch truth be told

Personally I believe that a lot of the stuff in the bible has been put in by certain people to control and scare people

Plus it's been mistranslated and f**ked about with

God loves us all and he isn't this nasty vengeful vindictive monster that wants to punish us if we don't do as he says

You can't trust human beings to write the bible - cos humans are sinners

If we weren't sinners there would be no need for a bible in the first place

That MP just hates gay people

Quote: Kenneth @ 18th January 2014, 7:30 PM GMT

I love the Old Testament. God is such a vengeful c**t. Take the story of Elisha and the Two Bears (2 Kings 2:23-25):
From there he went to Bethel. As he walked along the road, some boys came out of the city and mocked him. They said, "Go away, baldy! Go away bald head!" Looking back, he saw them and cursed them in the LORD's name. Two she-bears then came out of the woods and tore 42 of these youths apart.

Laughing out loud What a f**king c**t!

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th January 2014, 7:13 PM GMT

Your a f**ktard

:O I'm totally shocked by your graphic use of English - 'you're'.

Poor old UKIP, they have really got to stop taking on these ex-Tories, despite all the banner headlines, he made these flood predictions to David Cameron when he was a Conservative. In their overwhelming drive to take on disillusioned and disaffected Tories, UKIP have done themselves a lot of harm.

Quote: lofthouse @ 18th January 2014, 7:32 PM GMT

Personally I believe that a lot of the stuff in the bible has been put in by certain people to control and scare people

Plus it's been mistranslated and f**ked about with

God loves us all and he isn't this nasty vengeful vindictive monster that wants to punish us if we don't do as he says

You can't trust human beings to write the bible - cos humans are sinners

If we weren't sinners there would be no need for a bible in the first place

That MP just hates gay people

So which version, Greek, Latin the ancient Hebrew one.

Messages pretty much the same in all of them.

Or are you suggesting you believe in the God of niceness, angel wishes and the lavender coulored book section in Waterstones.

Are you sure you believe in God, or a nice old geezer.

Because that's Father Christmas and he's helping Yewtree with their enquiries.

The Biblical God hates gays, nylon yfronts, cheeky kids and intependent thinkers.

And where as Jesus may not have said much of this, he pretty much accepted the whole slate as a definition of sn.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 18th January 2014, 7:37 PM GMT

:O I'm totally shocked by your graphic use of English - 'you're'.

Poor old UKIP, they have really got to stop taking on these ex-Tories, despite all the banner headlines, he made these flood predictions to David Cameron when he was a Conservative. In their overwhelming drive to take on disillusioned and disaffected Tories, UKIP have done themselves a lot of harm.

UKIP need to stop recruiting Tory leftovers with few checks. Most of these twats are just hungry for one more pop at Dave, who they view like Neal out of the Young Ones.

Their message on Europe, spending and even conservative values is a reasonable but they're squandering it