Is this course worth while

http://nfts.co.uk/our-courses/diploma/writing-and-producing-comedy?gclid=CPfMuLzPhbwCFYmN3god9A0AvA

Probably. If you have seven grand to hand over. Looks like there's a lot of good people involved.

Can anyone loan me 7 grand, I'll pay you back when I'm rich and famous

I'm glad I'm not the only one pondering the merits of a proper accredited course. I considered this one last year

http://www.conted.ox.ac.uk/courses/details.php?id=20

and I still might next summer. What's your reason for wanting to take up something like this? I was trying to figure out if it fills in gaps that I have in my knowledge, and maybe get me trying new ways of working. Subconsciously I might just be wondering if I'm good enough at all and having a bit more feedback might help that.

Having looked at that nfts course I'd say that's definitely worth it, perhaps mostly for the connections you're likely to make and who you can impress while you're there. I'm tempted to get in on that when I shift down to london, if I can't get funding for it I'll whack it on a credit card / commit some crimes. Crimes are an underrated way of paying for necessities, plus it'll make a great backstory when you're famous.

Quote: sootyj @ 17th January 2014, 4:55 PM GMT

Can anyone loan me 7 grand, I'll pay you back when I'm rich and famous

I have a an old pile of monopoly money somewhere, you are more than welcome to that. Pirate

Been running for a few years now - but enough about my hobbies. Has anyone on here been on the NFTS Diploma course for writing and producing comedy? Or perhaps you know someone who has? It's more expensive now. Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has experience of it.

Cheers :-)

Alan

It's always worth getting a diploma. You can stick it on your wall.

Quote: Chappers @ 30th May 2018, 1:30 AM

It's always worth getting a diploma. You can stick it on your wall.

You can do that with mirrors though - I don't think walls are in such dire straits that you need to spend 8k-plus just to make them feel better.