Worst comedy Page 20

Quote: ComedyGeek @ 3rd January 2014, 1:19 PM GMT

I'm Alan Patridge, the worst sitcom ever. Boring, stupid and very unfunny. Seriously why does anyone like it?

Because Alan Partridge is the main character. Which makes it excellent by default

Vicious

Adore OFAH but agree with other posts that the last three (after they were rich) or so episodes were painful to watch.

I find that comedy is like sex...... Everybody knows what they like and dislike Eh?

And trying to explain personal taste to somebody with the opposite view is about as rewarding as trying to explain an episode of the Paul Squires show to Ivor Cutler........

Quote: EmmaOohLaLa @ 5th January 2014, 7:56 PM GMT

Vicious

I'm in the other camp, I don't mean I'm camp, just that I like this lol. I think it's because it has that old fashioned 70s feel to it, it's easy going and I like the bitchiness between the two main characters. I'm looking forward to another series.

Quote: comical masterpiece @ 7th January 2014, 4:34 PM GMT

I'm looking forward to another series.

Me too. If they only could get rid of this embarrassing berk that plays Ash.

Fresh Fields was quite annoying. I'd left the country by the time French Fields was on, which was presumably even more smug.

Had you gone to France?

No, thanks for asking, Germany for a few years. Where they worship Python and, as you may know, they ritually watch an old Freddie Frinton sketch every New Year's Eve. Dinner For One, a drunken butler and a dotty old Lady.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9rhMWC4mqQ

It's brilliant if you're drunk, a bit patchy otherwise. Like Pete and Dud's Hound of the Baskervilles - a severe test of any relationship.

Definitely Citizen Khan. Not funny like Goodness Gracious Me or Kumars at No.42 but o man, nothing's worse than Toast of London with Matt Berry. I love Matt and his voice and all but that was just a complete yawner. Bye!

Mrs. Brown's Boys
Two Pints Of Lager
Friends

Quote: Marissa @ 9th January 2014, 4:49 PM GMT

No, thanks for asking, Germany for a few years. Where they worship Python and, as you may know, they ritually watch an old Freddie Frinton sketch every New Year's Eve. Dinner For One, a drunken butler and a dotty old Lady.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9rhMWC4mqQ

It's brilliant if you're drunk, a bit patchy otherwise. Like Pete and Dud's Hound of the Baskervilles - a severe test of any relationship.

Yes, it's true, many Germans really love Dinner For One, although there are also may other people (like me) who think it's overrated and are fed up with it because the cult around it really becomes more and more absurd. Meanwhile, there are even some regional versions of it that are played by local actors and with regional dialogoue (e.g. Cologne, Berlin) that are shown on some German regional programmes. I think it's not bad, but a bit old-fashioned and seeing it once or twice is enough. However, there's still much worse comedy on German television. We have some great comedians, but most comedy on German television is rather chaeap as the local TV stations don't invest much in good comedy and series.

All About Me