I went to a restaurant Page 11

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 16th January 2014, 12:04 AM GMT

Don't address my point, that this format is ancient and sootyj's having a laugh trying to claim it as his own.

links?

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 16th January 2014, 12:09 AM GMT

So now you're trying to drag the females into your 'consensus'?

You love it, doncha.

Try some writing.

Hey Dappy!

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 16th January 2014, 12:22 AM GMT

www.iwenttoarestaurantandmadeagag.c**t

Links?

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 16th January 2014, 12:23 AM GMT

Try writing something funny, that

Yeah ok .... But links?

Yeah but links to what the staff are having formula?

One link maybe then ?

Night night.

When I went to the new Kenyan restaurant I think I might have upset the waiter. I asked him what the hard bits in the elephant soup were...and he just went "tsk" and walked off...

Quote: playfull @ 16th January 2014, 12:51 AM GMT

When I went to the new Kenyan restaurant I think I might have upset the waiter. I asked him what the hard bits in the elephant soup were...and he just went "tsk" and walked off...

Laughing out loud nice one! A wordplay joke that would also work (maybe even better) when performed.

I'm interested to know, I'm guessing most of the people who put jokes up here have genuinely made them up. I personally wouldn't put anything up that I had ripped off someone/somewhere else.
My first question goes to contestant 1:
Is there a good way of checking if you are the first to make a joke ( I use Google and twitter searches)?
My second question goes to contestant number 2:
I have no idea how many of you are performers, writers, etc, if you crafted something special, would you put it up here for critique even if you were trying to use or sell it, or would you save it for better things, for fear of giving the game away?

Quote: danphobic @ 16th January 2014, 1:03 AM GMT

A wordplay joke that would also work (maybe even better) when performed.

Ta.

I thought exactly the same thing. Tim vine could make it funny. Written down it just does not look as good (which is maybe why Stylee thought it shite?)

Quote: sootyj @ 16th January 2014, 12:04 AM GMT

You're like Barry the Alpha Chuckle Brother.

nice.

Really don't want to bring the tone down(any more) but a real life friend asked me recently:
"Spitroasted by the chuckle brothers or the mitchell brothers?"
I had to say mitchell because I couldn't stand the thought of the chuckles talking all the way through it.

"to me, to you, to me, to you."

The closest thing I can remember to this joke format was hearing variations on "waiter, waiter, there's a fly in my soup". Not the same at all.

Much later, Steve Wright did "I went to a restaurant that serves 'breakfast at any time'. So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance."

I went for a meal in the Museum of Comedy and said I'll have what the staff are having. It was alright but the service was a joke.

I went to a Greek restaurant and waitress was very sexy.

I had a beef Stifado.

I went to a Greek restaurant and said I'll have what the staff are having. I'll be buggered if I go back there again.

nice if a little racist