Sootyj Christmas classics 7

A CAVE WITH A HUGE ROCK INFRONT OF IT AND A WRAPPED XMAS PRESENT
THE PRESENT STARTS TO RING LOUDLY AND SHAKE
THE ROCK MOVES FROM THE FRONT OF THE CAVE
IN A BLAZE OF LIGHT AND GLORY JESUS EMERGES, UNWRAPS THE PRESENT IT'S A WINDUP ALARM CLOCK, JESUS STOPS IT
HE LOOKS AROUND PUZZLED, THEN HUGS HIMSELF BECAUSE IT'S COLD
IT STARTS TO SNOW
JESUS LOOKS TO HIS LEFT AND SEE'S A BEAR COMING OUT OF THE CAVE
JESUS AND THE BEAR LOOK AT EACH OTHER

JESUS
That f**king hare.

hee hee. :) This perfectly explains how Jesus rose from the dead.

Shame that it's Easter and not Christmas, though.

You do get the joke is the hate woke him early

Oh and thanks mj nice to see you back

Hi Sooty. Thought I'd pp back and see what's 'appening.

But what does "infront" mean?

Thanks for the bump

You don't expect me to answer the question do you?

Maybe not, but it's that if you're going to be a writer, the first thing one should think about is your punctuation and grammar. If you submit your work, I would bet that the reader would look at a lack of grammar skills as a fail.
You could be the next Alan Bennett, but if you can't be bothered to sort out basic writing skills then I doubt they would take your work seriously. Good luck :)

oh damn! No offence sooty, but yeah he's got you there.
wow.
just wow.
You really think you are gonna come up in this web forum with your 'years of paid writing experience' and go posting funny and original content that omits that all important comedy 'space' or 'hyphen' ( depending on which of the many forum talent scouts you speak to). I mean really? How you gonna expect to get work like that ( apart from all the work you have already had which quite clearly must be years and years of consistent, repeated fluke.) I mean COME ON! COME ON! 'INFRONT'?!?!?! are you serious?

Good work Ivey, you totally got him there. Totally.

Well Paul thank for the advice, I guess I occasionally post something that is triple checked. Even when it's using a short hand style of directions for animation directions.

I am fascinated why you dug up a 3 week old, novelty Christmas skit.

Quote: danphobic @ 15th January 2014, 8:31 PM GMT

oh damn! No offence sooty, but yeah he's got you there.
wow.
just wow.
You really think you are gonna come up in this web forum with your 'years of paid writing experience' and go posting funny and original content that omits that all important comedy 'space' or 'hyphen' ( depending on which of the many forum talent scouts you speak to). I mean really? How you gonna expect to get work like that ( apart from all the work you have already had which quite clearly must be years and years of consistent, repeated fluke.) I mean COME ON! COME ON! 'INFRONT'?!?!?! are you serious?

Good work Ivey, you totally got him there. Totally.

Usually when someone goes trolling, I mean trawling my back catalogue it's been because I've pointed out something they wrote wasn't perfect;
or in some cases out right bollocks.
It would be easier to ask me directly to write something poorly spelled or punctuated, I live to please.

I just found the safety wink! I couldn't find it the other night. Sorry I should have put the safety wink ;)

When will I learn that sarcasm does not work on forums? I was playing a numpty. Hopefully you didn't take that as serious or in any ways a dig at you? I think the main thing I was trying to do is ridicule the idea that leaving out a space out doesn't render a proven comedy writers jocular musings ineffectual.
I did actually look at your links and bloody hell I was inspired!

Not at all, all taken in fun.

I completely got the sentiment and thanks for the praise.

nb I hate emoticons and always ignore them.

I think I have just perfectly embodied what it means to be a noob.

Go me!

Later on:
drunken rant on the nature of comedy and how I actually 'get it' in the same way that Chris Morris 'gets it' but nobody else does because I am soooo 90's.

look forward to that.

If you want to noob like the dude, try this.

Hey I just stumbled across this, www.shitpodcast.com and I think you should also listen to it.

had a listen and it's one of the best things I've ever heard ( the screams of my first born were ok ) but this is one of the best podcasts I've ever forwarded my way through in order to make witty references to!

Hey have you heard the tape of peter cook and dudley moore?