Limmy's Show! Page 6

I really tried to get into this but was failing miserably, then some of you pointed out Falconhoof and I've never laughed so hard in ages. I'm now going to tell all my family and friends about the joys of Adventure Call.

Put troll in bag. Laughing out loud

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 11th January 2014, 1:05 PM GMT

I really tried to get into this but was failing miserably, then some of you pointed out Falconhoof and I've never laughed so hard in ages. I'm now going to tell all my family and friends about the joys of Adventure Call.

Put troll in bag. Laughing out loud

I'm alli In favour of a "Yes" vote when it comes to the crucial decision of Scottish TV comedy's independence from the rest of the UK.

I've seen 'Still Game' and the case for separation has been made overwhelmingly.

Some of you are too young to remember the mediocre horrors of 'Naked Video'...

Quote: T.W. @ 13th January 2014, 10:44 PM GMT

Some of you are too young to remember the mediocre horrors of 'Naked Video'...

What about the brilliance of Absolutely? There was loads of Scotch people in that.

Has this ever been on outside of Scotland? If Mrs Browns Boys can cross the cultural divide then surely a properly funny show like Limmy's can.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ 15th January 2014, 5:47 PM GMT

Has this ever been on outside of Scotland? If Mrs Browns Boys can cross the cultural divide then surely a properly funny show like Limmy's can.

Purely an accent thing. Not many proper glasgee accents on english telly because they don't want to take the risk of half the people not understanding. Rab C Nesbit was fine for the english because even if you couldn't understand him ( which many reported not to be able to) we could still laugh at the silly drunk scotsman. It gave people what they wanted. Limmy relies on clever wordplay, witty observations, characters and dialogue (plus sight gags) which make it necessary to be able to understand. If english telly took the plunge more often most would have been exposed to the glasgee accent and there wouldn't have been a problem. I'm glad limmy doesn't tone his accent down, would be horrible to hear him pandering to the masses just for money. You should see his pisstake vids on YouTube, he does a brilliant white van man cockney geezer.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ 15th January 2014, 5:47 PM GMT

There was a best of screened at about 1 in the morning on BBC Three, but that said despite accents to the contrary Mrs Brown's Boys is a BBC Scotland show . . .

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 19th January 2014, 2:13 PM GMT

There was a best of screened at about 1 in the morning on BBC Three, but that said despite accents to the contrary Mrs Brown's Boys is a BBC Scotland show . . .

Mrs Brown's Boys is filmed in Scotland but is a RTE / BBC production, no?

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ 25th January 2014, 10:45 PM GMT

Mrs Brown's Boys is filmed in Scotland but is a RTE / BBC production, no?

A BBC Scotland/RTE co-production . . . a wee bit of semantics there . . . not that I have anything against people of the Jewish faith . . .

Limmy's book "Daft Wee Stories" now up for pre-order on Amazon . . .
See Amazon product listing

That's me got tickets for the Friday night for Limmy's Show live.

Chuffing good!

Brilliant! Limmy is a genius! Has to be one of the best sketch shows this decade. Watched original broadcasts. Watching again now thanks to iTunes. Dee Dee should have his own show, cause I was like that... bird was like that... Laughing out loud

5th April, BBC 2 for Limmy's Homemade Show. Should be a cracker though I was under the impression that this was going to be a series as he originally intended albeit one that would be launched online (with the assistance of crowdfunding).