The sci-fi thread Page 3

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 13th January 2014, 8:11 PM GMT

Isn't it amazing when someone slags off a show they never watched and then gets angry when it happens to them?

Ah humanity, you suck balls.

Aw, sowwee for saying I didn't like your show, RC. Teary Hug All better, champ?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 13th January 2014, 8:16 PM GMT

Aw, sowwee for saying I didn't like your show, RC. Teary Hug All better, champ?

You're bonkers. :S

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 13th January 2014, 8:11 PM GMT

Isn't it amazing when someone slags off a show they never watched and then gets angry when it happens to them?

Also, if that's your definition of 'slags off' and 'gets angry', you need to turn down the settings of your 'Touchy-Swine-ometer'. :)

Some geeks arguing on the internet about sci fi and semantics :O :O :O

Quote: Lee @ 13th January 2014, 8:30 PM GMT

Some geeks arguing on the internet about sci fi and semantics :O :O :O

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 11th January 2014, 8:42 PM GMT

Lock it now! Please!

1981's Day of The Triffids is one of my favourite slices of sci-fi. I haven't seen the Eddie Izzard remake from a few years ago, but I can't imagine it comes close.

John Wyndham is one of my favourite sci-fi authors actually. The Kraken Wakes, Triffids and The Trouble with Lichen are all excellent.

Quote: Ben @ 13th January 2014, 9:04 PM GMT

1981's Day of The Triffids is one of my favourite slices of sci-fi. I haven't seen the Eddie Izzard remake from a few years ago, but I can't imagine it comes close.

John Wyndham is one of my favourite sci-fi authors actually. The Kraken Wakes, Triffids and The Trouble with Lichen are all excellent.

You read much Philip K Dick? If not, you should definitely get some Dick in your life. Ha. Dick.

The Chrysalids is another good Wyndham.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 13th January 2014, 9:11 PM GMT

You read much Philip K Dick? If not, you should definitely get some Dick in your life. Ha. Dick.

The Chrysalids is another good Wyndham.

I liked The Chrysalids, but found the children a little irritating.

Not read any Dick. Will check his penis out. I meant, back catalogue.

I recently bought the old BBC series The Day Of The Triffids

God knows when I'll watch It though

Quote: lofthouse @ 13th January 2014, 9:29 PM GMT

I recently bought the old BBC series The Day Of The Triffids

God knows when I'll watch It though

Watch it now. You can't pass up the chance to watch Maurice Colbourne in such fine form.

Errrrrrr

Okay...

(Whooooooo?)

What is the fascination with the current 'young adult' dystopian tales, like Divergent, The Hunger Games and The Maze Runner?

Can't beat a bit of Ballard, I say.

Quote: Ben @ 13th January 2014, 9:33 PM GMT

Watch it now. You can't pass up the chance to watch Maurice Colbourne in such fine form.

Day of the Triffids is excellent really dark and atmospheric, properly dystopian.
The Izzard remake isn't bad and rather cleverly makes them look like hoodies.

I think in some ways there was a high point for scifi in the UK in the 80s, HHG2G
being the standout.

Quote: sootyj @ 13th January 2014, 9:48 PM GMT

I think in some ways there was a high point for scifi in the UK in the 80s, HHG2G
being the standout.

What?! Even better then New Who? :O