Only Fools And Horses Twitter campaign 26 million

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site, I hope everyone's ok today?

Are you aware that there is a Twitter campaign to bring back Only Fools And Horses at #bringbackonlyfools by genuine fans who love the show like me?

Staggeringly upwards of 26 million fans have requested a new series. We are working extremly hard to bring it back a full brand new series; we have meassged the director general of the BBC with the Twitter adress asking him to bring it back by popular demand.

I'd like your view on the camapin and the prospects of bringing it back?

Personally being a massive OFAH fan, I don't think the show should return as it is at risk of been bad which will potentially ruin the whole show and put it into jeopardy!

26 million fans? Have you a list?

Personally, I say 'f**k it'.

John Sullivan is dead and so is the show...no twit. campaign can change that fact.

An OFAH-fan

Besides which, if what we read is true, Mr Jason will have his hands full with a series of Still Open All Hours. Gawd help us.

Everyone has their opinion. I loved David Jason in Still Open All Hours. The man is a genius comedy actor who it seems to be not liked in this forum and disrespected. Just remember it was the same David Jason who got 16 million viewers on Only Fools And Horses. A British record for a sitcom! You have very short memories. David Jason who at age 73 got the highest vieiwng figures in this year's Christmas schedule (Still Open All Hours) with 9 million viwers, so somebody must have been watcing! Now there are 26 million real fans wanting a return of OFAH, a much larger amount than the 4 peolpe in here. I'm going to rejoin the geunine fans on the campain to bring back Only Fools And Horses. I wish never even enter this site. 26 million fools are right and you 4 are wrong in my opinion. Thank you for nothing.

Heavily edited by Aaron for spelling, grammar, and general legibility.

Pleasure.

Always good to share differing opions, I think.

You have a short memory, the show is called Still Open All Hours, not New Open All Hours.

Oh, and we are 3, not 4...unless John Lucas has a twin brother.

Quote: zoenel @ 12th January 2014, 8:04 PM GMT

just rember it was the same david jason who got 16 million viewers on fools and horses.

Its record was actually around 24 million.

Anyway, back to your original point, I don't think it should be brought back. I'm sure the upcoming sketch will be fun, but the show has been bled dry already.

I don't think it should come back. David Jason is just too old and frail looking to do it justice.

There are more than 60 episodes (most of them brilliant) to be repeated on the telly or to watch on DVD. There's really no need for a team of 2nd generation writers to ruin a great show. I sometimes wish the producers of The Simpsons would think the same. But that's just My opion.

And if they would come back for a New series, would the Trotters be poor again, and would the Long lost Brother of Grandad and Albert move in with them? And I honestly hope Damian has died in a car accident.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 12th January 2014, 8:43 PM GMT

I honestly hope Damian has died in a car accident.

In a dodgy car sold by Boycie, with Del going on a revenge mission? Now THAT'S a story!

Quote: shaggy292 @ 12th January 2014, 8:56 PM GMT

In a dodgy car sold by Boycie, with Del going on a revenge mission? Now THAT'S a story!

Yeah, after "Sleepless in Peckham" comes "Death Wish in Peckham".

I hope the special just consists of Del Boy sitting on a hookey sofa, dribbling, and shouting Luvvly Jubbly until Rodders tells him to Shut The F**k Up!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ 12th January 2014, 10:12 PM GMT

I hope the special just consists of Del Boy sitting on a hookey sofa, dribbling, and shouting Luvvly Jubbly until Rodders tells him to Shut The F**k Up!

And then Trigger pulls a face.