Status report Page 5,495

Quote: Ben @ 10th January 2014, 12:05 AM GMT

Lay in bed and watch something on telly that you really want to watch? I always end up falling a-bloody-sleep in that scenario!

Yes!

Try saying the alphabet backwards. This worked for me until I reached the stage of knowing it as well as I do forwards, so I've had to invent variations - seeing it printed and written, capitals and small etc.

These are all excellent suggestions.

I always fall asleep watching TV in bed, and then wake up at some bugger shouting on it an hour later. Last night it was Russell Howard.
I need to start using the sleep function thingy.

Quote: Jennie @ 10th January 2014, 12:03 AM GMT

Anyone got any good insomnia cures? Haven't slept until 4am the last four nights and it is starting to do my head in :(

Aren't legal books perfect for that?

The movie Insomnia was on the other day. Saw it in the cinema and could barely stay awake. Maybe buy it on DVD.

Sorry I don't have anything useful to say, but personally I've never liked the idea of sleeping pills.

Would relaxing music help? Something soothing.

I quite like a bowl of cereal when I can't sleep - usually helps. Shreddies are good! :)

Being on here now probably isn't a good idea, though nothing much happens after midnight.

Physically, you have to slow your breathing and relax every muscle in your body.

If your brain is whizzing, try to remember a previous dream you had, it will fool your brain.

pretty Zen advise RCP.

My problem is most of my clients are on the other side of the globe so all the fun, negotiating stuff happens 12am-4am

If you lie with your legs and arms straight it helps you fall asleep.

I know it's weird (and you might look a bit dead) but it works!

Quote: sootyj @ 10th January 2014, 12:21 AM GMT

pretty Zen advise RCP.

It's all about the Beta waves dude. Cool

Oooh.. I haven't heard that before. This might sound really silly, but I have a number of little scenarios that I run through in my head that seem to relax me. They are all fantasy scenarios (not like that Soots) so take me away from real life and get me to sleep. They just aren't working right now.

I think part of the issue is that I seem to have developed a spot of low level anxiety, which is ridiculous. My brain is just always going. Last night I spent 3 - 4am wondering about ways I can teach cross examination to my advocacy students next term.

Need to snap out of it!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 10th January 2014, 12:26 AM GMT

The what?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 10th January 2014, 12:26 AM GMT

Are they also coming here and stealing our waking hours?

Quote: sootyj @ 10th January 2014, 12:33 AM GMT

Are they also coming here and stealing our waking hours?

:D

Quote: Jennie @ 10th January 2014, 12:30 AM GMT

Oooh.. I haven't heard that before. This might sound really silly, but I have a number of little scenarios that I run through in my head that seem to relax me. They are all fantasy scenarios (not like that Soots) so take me away from real life and get me to sleep. They just aren't working right now.

I do that sometimes. Oh, is that David Lynch on the phone? He wants to make a film out of one my bestselling books? Put him straight through! Etc.

Quote: sootyj @ 9th January 2014, 11:21 PM GMT

I was supposed to be reviewing MRES (US combat rations) for a light hearted prepper blog.

Job fell through, but I got to keep the MRES. As a tight wad I've been eating them.

I can see why US wars are so brutal, their food is f**ked up.

Probably the combat rations of ANY nation taste horrible; they have probably been in stock for at least 10 years.

Pirate

Riley can't decide whether to go into the office or work from home.

Your advice please.