Status report Page 5,494

Quote: Ben @ 9th January 2014, 8:34 PM GMT

Ben won £10 on a scratchcard earlier.

How will you celebrate?

Buying some more scratchcards?

I's amused at Facebook's desperate attempts to have more of my personal information by offering me multiple choice questions about where I live and where I went to school and who with. They can't work out if I'm from Yorkshire or Finland and it's really bugging them! "WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO ADVERTISE TO YOU!"

Quote: George Kaplan @ 9th January 2014, 9:36 PM GMT

How will you celebrate?

I bought a tub of cottage cheese. And am now going to eat it.

I had change left over obviously. It wasn't a huge barrel of cottage cheese.

With pineapple bits?

Will Cam used to subscribe to National Geographic a few years ago. Today he got an offer to resubscribe for only £22 a year with a free watch thrown in. He had only just hit the confirm order button when he realised that the offer was actually for Time magazine and it was his brain that had assumed it was something else. What a f**kwit. To make matters worse his uncle normally passes on his copy of Time magazine to him.

Will Cam is a dick!

I was supposed to be reviewing MRES (US combat rations) for a light hearted prepper blog.

Job fell through, but I got to keep the MRES. As a tight wad I've been eating them.

I can see why US wars are so brutal, their food is f**ked up.

Quote: Will Cam @ 9th January 2014, 11:20 PM GMT

Will Cam used to subscribe to National Geographic a few years ago. Today he got an offer to resubscribe for only £22 a year with a free watch thrown in. He had only just hit the confirm order button when he realised that the offer was actually for Time magazine and it was his brain that had assumed it was something else. What a f**kwit. To make matters worse his uncle normally passes on his copy of Time magazine to him.

Will Cam is a dick!

Maybe the watch was a clue?

Quote: Will Cam @ 9th January 2014, 11:20 PM GMT

Time

Will Cam is a dick!

Which is funnily enough the lead article in National Geographic.

Anyone got any good insomnia cures? Haven't slept until 4am the last four nights and it is starting to do my head in :(

Sleeping.

Rolling eyes :D

Quote: Jennie @ 10th January 2014, 12:03 AM GMT

Anyone got any good insomnia cures? Haven't slept until 4am the last four nights and it is starting to do my head in :(

Lay in bed and watch something on telly that you really want to watch? I always end up falling a-bloody-sleep in that scenario!

Me neither, well till 6 some nights.

The best solutions I've found are avoid stimulating stuff like telly half an hour before you sleep.

That and consider sleeping pills.

Also insomnia is a sign of intelligence.

Quote: Jennie @ 10th January 2014, 12:03 AM GMT

A cooler room might help, and apparently looking at screens keeps you awake longer as the light confuses your body clock.

I listen to the radio iPlayer to get to sleep. For some reason horror stories send me straight to sleep.