The Museum of Curiosity

Did anyone listen to this? It is a new series starring John Lloyd and Bill Bailey that is similar to QI. I thought it was rather good.

Ooh, that sounds good!

Do you have a link?
Or a clue as to what station it's on...? ;)

Sure, it is on Radio 4, Wednesdays, at 18:30. It's on listen again.

BBC Homepage

Thanks!!

I do love a bit of Bailey.

Quote: zooo @ February 20, 2008, 9:03 PM

Thanks!!

I do love a bit of Bailey.

You'll love it - there was a good 5 minutes devoted to scarves!

I really enjoyed this - although it's hard not to enjoy something with Bill Bailey in. The man's effortlessly likeable. And I really admire John Loyd for this and QI, which eschews modern comedies obsession with cruelty and comes up with something slightly more positive.

Thanks for highlighting this Ian! Just heard it on ‘Listen Again’, a very enjoyable prog. Must remember to record it next week.

I live a stones throw away from Bill Bailey’s parents, not that I throw stones at them very often.

Do you camp in the garden, and ambush him when he comes home to visit?

Bill Bailey spotting is a popular pastime in the village, as of yet I haven't been lucky :D Did see him live in The Half-Troll tour in Bristol...brilliant (but would like to see him in a smaller venue)

I first saw Bill live, back in '96, when he was supporting Donna McPhail (whatever happened to her?). I remember when Bill finished, and Donna came on, with the crowd still applauding, she preteneded to be jealous, and said something about him making her look bad, because he was so good. It was obvious he was going to be huge.

Quote: catskillz @ February 21, 2008, 7:25 PM

Donna McPhail (whatever happened to her?)

I suppose you could say that her career McPhail-ed!

Ho ho ho.

(No, Wikipedia says "McPhail, who is regarded as an outspoken "laddette" lesbian, now writes a monthly column for Diva, the UK's bestselling magazine for lesbians.")

Cripes.

She was good on that Sunday morning show aaaaaages ago.
Which sadly was the show which spawned Peter Kay, I think.

The second episode has been broadcast - the donations tonight were pineapples, Anderson shelters and privacy.

It was an exciting episode tonight as far as I was concerned.

In the episode, they briefly talked about an article in The Times in which they asked readers to come up with a new motto for Britain. One of responses was, "Dipso, Fatso, Bingo, Asbo, Tesco".

The reason I'm excited was because I reported the story myself on the QI website as part of my Newshound duties. There is a link to the story here. Whether or not I was the source they got the story from is something I don't know yet, but I hope I was.

Cooooooool!