Morecambe And Wise In Pieces

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/morecambe_and_wise_in_pieces/

Anyone watching this?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ 24th December 2013, 2:47 PM GMT

Not right now.

Although another excuse to repeat 2 hours of an old show, they have done a good job in organising these clips. Tonight's was a masterclass in the art of music hall comedy, the way they constantly used that curtain in their act was amazing. The material's still really funny after 40 years. Laughing out loud See. What a double act, won't see many of those again.

I was watching both episodes. Very enjoyable...and very informative for a foreigner like me who wants to dig deeper into the history of British comedy. Thank you BBC. (Also enjoyed The Many Faces Of Norman Wisdom)

Although I think most of the clips on there have surely been seen many times, it doesn't matter to me, they do really bring sunshine and Penelope Keith in the introducing chair was a lovely touch :)

Huge Eric and Ernie fan. Loved this. Just been to see Eric and Little Ern at the Vaudeville. Very good, if a rather short second half. Great use of the curtain as well.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ 30th December 2013, 2:08 PM GMT

Although I think most of the clips on there have surely been seen many times, it doesn't matter to me, they do really bring sunshine and Penelope Keith in the introducing chair was a lovely touch :)

I very much like Penelope Keith. In her role of High Sheriff of Surrey, she visited the old peoples' home where my cockney uncle - who was also my Godfather - lived in early 2003. He was thrilled and they had a lovely conversation in what was a meeting across the class divide. Sadly he died unexpectedly the following day.

I've got it on series link

But waiting for my new TV due to it blowing up last week! *sigh*