Birds Of A Feather - Series 10 Page 2

That was brilliant. Such a relief that they didn't return 15 years later and churn out a great big turd.

I laughed out loud a number of times which is always a good sign.

Dorien looked like she hadn't changed a bit and was played beautifully.

Bit iffy about them losing contact with Dorien and not seeing her properly for years after she was about to top herself at Garfs wedding.

Will be interesting to see if they mention Garf's child and (previous) wife at any point in the new series.

The shooting up line had me in stitches.

They never sold Dalentrace, it was rented out. But not sure why it seems soooo much different, the kitchen is upside down. If you leave the exterior walls of the kitchen in place and spin the inside round that would be normal.

Just about to watch it again.

I liked it. Will watch the series, only downside was the anti Conservative jibes, which made me cringe a little, but aside from that very watchable.

Quote: comical masterpiece @ 3rd January 2014, 10:41 AM GMT

...only downside was the anti Conservative jibes...

They were very true, though.

I used to watch it back in the day and it does what it says on the tin. It was never a classic but always watchable.

There were aspects (about the house set up in particular) that had me thinking back to how it ended before as things didn't seem to match but it's no big deal really. Nice to have a new comedy that panders to our nostalgia needs without spoiling the memory.

Enjoyed this. Think there were many more jokes in this episode than most from the old series

Was never actually that keen on the original but actually it wasn't too bad really, some laughs to be had.

I thought is was awful. Full of Benny Hill and Carry On type jokes. I cringed several times. If I recall correctly .....
Tracy: "Who's Rex Harrison?"
Sharon: "He's a famous actor. He had a big part in My Fair Lady."
Tracey: "I bet he did!"

and

Tracy: "He's busy playing with his Wii."
A shocked Sharon: "His what???"

If this is what makes you laugh, good luck to you. I found it tedious and embarrassing.

i have not watched the original series fully but seen a few episodes but I did watch the first episode of the new series it was good and few laughs.

Looking good so far halfway through the first episode.

However Johnny Cash wrote it first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0oTDS9ur_U

Anyone know the ratings from BARB yet?

Quote: Richard Saunders @ 8th January 2014, 8:04 PM GMT

Anyone know the ratings from BARB yet?

First episode got 7.8 Million Viewers.

Liked the second episode. Glad the first got just under 8 million in the overnights, second was the most watched outside of soaps for the night so it's holding its own. Hope the BBC are happy they let this one go.

Yes considering I'm not a massive fan, the second episode was rather decent actually. Not a bad show if you wish to pass away 30 minutes.