Birds Of A Feather - Series 10

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/birds_of_a_feather/special/new_boaf_for_2014/

Since it's coming back I thought I do a series 10 thread for this

Will be interesting to see who has written the new episodes...

Quote: Nick @ 31st December 2013, 6:34 PM GMT

Will be interesting to see who has written the new episodes...

Laurence Marks and Maurice Gran, Gary Lawson and John Phelps.

I liked the dialogue in the carboot sales clip.

But crimminey they look old.

15 years older than they did last time it was on. Funnily enough!

I went to the recording of the last but one episode of this series.

I met Laurence & Maurice of course, as they were the ones who invited me and to the Green Room afterwards.

As I've said before, my memory for faces is very poor, but after they were re introduced I remembered Gary & John and the two members of the old Alomo Production team that are on the new RETORT team.

Alas neither Lesley not Linda remembered me from 20 or so years ago (and Pauline had left before I found the relevant Green Room in that maze of corridors there), but then I had met the "talent" far less often than the former production team and authors, because I was fixing their computers & teaching them how to use them.

:) :)

Nice of Marks of Gran to invite you, that's how writers should behave. I do expect many of their peers are jealous of them getting this back on. But it's a big well done to ITV because the BBC have shut most of them out, with the exception of Clarke, who you have think was only retained because he has legal ownership.

Quote: Micheal Jacob @ 31st December 2013, 10:10 PM GMT

Laurence Marks and Maurice Gran, Gary Lawson and John Phelps.

Having watched some of Goodnight Sweetheart again recently, Gary Lawson and John Phelps were responsible for some fine episodes so bodes quite well.

The kitchen's on the wrong side of the house! I feel a bit seasick.

Apart from that, good so far. Feels just the same.

I really enjoyed that, didn't feel forced. Thought the new Garth looked a little young, but other than that a great start.

It felt weird, but good, hope people give it a chance to settle in

Is it set in the same house? (Although obviously not the same set). I saw the Daleandtrace sign by the door.

I don't think so, if anything they have gone up in the world, in the last series or two they had sold Dalentrace and moved into somewhere smaller. But they seem to have forgotten that with Travis saying about Dorien living next door, which she didn't when he was born.

Ah, I forgot that. I've been watching repeats recently, but not in the right order.

Birds Of A Feather was great, I hope people give it a chance as I found it funny and felt like old times.