Absolutely

I've only joined fairly recently so I don't know if it's been discussed before. However I used to love the Scottish sketch show "Absolutely".

All the actors were great - especially Morwenna Banks as the little girl or the really ugly woman with the teeth. Gordon Kennedy of course just appeared in Robin Hood. What happened to the others though and are there any DVD's?

There aren't any DVD's which is a travesty when you think about all the shite comedy that does get a DVD release. There was talk before on the Absoluetly fansite about it getting a Complete Boxset release but I haven't heard anything for a while. I agree though this show is fantastic.

I'm always heartened whenever I know that there's another Absolutely fan out there. One of the most underrated comedies ever - even though it's Scottish! No, just messing with the Caledonian posse.

There are a few of the Little Girl clips on youtube and some absolutely clips. They are hilarious.

Yeah, I know there are, but what I wouldn't give to own my very own copy of an Absolutely series.

Quote: Baumski @ March 5, 2007, 10:32 AM

I'm always heartened whenever I know that there's another Absolutely fan out there. One of the most underrated comedies ever - even though it's Scottish! No, just messing with Caledonian posse.

Now behave yourself Baumski!!
Got to agree - this was a great sketch show - you can find a few you tube videos such as the one I have linked below where Stoneybridge try to get the Olympics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqheysKKvDc

Yours Caledonian Possely,

Andy

I think Stoneybridge only got it's status because of the endless repetition. Nowhere near their best sketch. I remember the family sitting down in the kitchen with "mum" always with her back to us doing the washing up; remind me of some others.

I loved that show.
I always liked the sketch with the married couple, "I'm in the 'oover!"

You can rent episodes from the first series from 4 on demand. They cost 99p an episode.

I want to BUY them. Are they out in the shops?

Bump - here's the earlier one although may get confusing with the same title.

There was a video - 'The Vid-o' and Moray and Hunter's sitcom came out on vid too though it wasn't the same of course.

It's finally getting a DVD release :D

http://www.absolutely.biz/newsscript.cgi?record=16

They have this on 4OD i think aswell

They do, but not the first series. Sob. I'd love to see that one again.