Current radio comedy Page 121

I really enjoyed the first episode of the new That Mitchell and Webb Sound. Funny and clever stuff.

Yup

Good stuff

Pretty amazed they still want to make it to be honest

I preferred this episode to any episode out of the last TV series.

Quote: Ben @ 1st December 2013, 9:35 AM GMT

I preferred this episode to any episode out of the last TV series.

Agreed. And I actually thought that this episode, plus the 2 episodes' worth I saw recorded a few weeks ago had a higher hit rate than most of their previous radio shows, really good stuff. I guess it must be nice for them to go back to basics as it were.

I was never an avid listener of the radio shows. I think I had only previously tuned in when Matt Stott had a couple of sketches on in 2009. Will be listening this week again. Mitchell and Webb must be as pleased as punch with that news.

Quote: Ben @ 1st December 2013, 9:47 PM GMT

I was never an avid listener of the radio shows. I think I had only previously tuned in when Matt Stott had a couple of sketches on in 2009. Will be listening this week again. Mitchell and Webb must be as pleased as punch with that news.

No, I'm not avid either, I've certainly not heard all of their radio shows, or watchged all of the TV shows for that matter. But, even from this non-scientific poitnof view, the 90 mins of new stuff I've heard was very impressive.

Hopefully M&W won't hear that you'll be tuning in, because they might get all nervous and start messing bits up, it's a lot pof pressure.

M&W with yet another cracking show tonight

Best thing on the radio ATM

Why were all previous series not this good??

Radio 4 Men's Hour Laughing out loud

Hopefully it'll be on iPlayer tonight and then I can rip it to an mp3 for the journey to work.

Quote: lofthouse @ 3rd December 2013, 6:58 PM GMT

M&W with yet another cracking show tonight

I enjoyed it a lot, but it wasn't beyond criticism. All that wine-tasting nonsense, just to have a dig at The Archers?

Quote: Nogget @ 4th December 2013, 9:52 AM GMT

I enjoyed it a lot, but it wasn't beyond criticism. All that wine-tasting nonsense, just to have a dig at The Archers?

I agree. I hate The Archers as much as anyone else, but that was laboured, ot say the least. The heroin sketch seemed to pretty much be a retread of an idea from one of their TV sketches, which in istelf was just a Harry Hill one-liner dramatised.

Really liked a lot of it, though: the Last Action Hero sketch really connected with me, I'm always thinking morbid things like that (although I've never seen Last Action Hero, so it wasn't too spooky!).

Enjoyed Mitchell and Webb again this week. The heroin sketch reminded me of something I'd seen before - maybe it was one of their TV sketches as mentioned above. The cat sketch was a good example of a sketch which wasn't really more than a lot of jokes and then a twist rather than some microcosm of humanity. Personally, I like the wine bits in between the sketches and didn't feel it was all contrived for the final pop at The Archers.

Listening to repeats of Sarah Millican's Support Group the format plays to her strengths much better than her crap TV show.

Another enjoyable Mitchell and Webb this week. Particularly liked the vet sketch and the doctor's letter sketch. Shame that next week's is the last one.

Argh I completely forgot about Mitchell and Webb.
Is there a way to catch up with the entire series in a handy MP3 format that doesn't need the iPlayer?

Errr

Also Frank Skinner was ill this week and will be putting out highlights of the year for the next 2 weeks so I'm ashamed to say that will take my radio comedy listening down to zero over the festive season, any tips for things to LISTEN out for over Christmas?

So, Mitchell & Webb have an 'exclusive' (read: annoying) Radio 4 Extra-only episode as episode 5 in this 4-episode run. It's on the iPlayer now, in case you don't have access to digital radio.

Dan