Only Fools And Horses - Selection Box

Selection Box was a 30 minute special which aired on New Years Eve 1996 after the supposed final episode. I do have this on VHS which I have now converted to DVD and was just wondering why it never gets repeated and has never got a DVD release. Has anybody else seen this very good special?

Yes I had it on VHS a couple of years and go and gave it to a charity shop. I think it was good. Is it because they show OFAH top 40 moments instead?

Quote: David Smith @ August 27 2013, 3:47 PM BST

Yes I had it on VHS a couple of years and go and gave it to a charity shop. I think it was good. Is it because they show OFAH top 40 moments instead?

I have got that taped on a DVD, I doubt whether they will ever re-show that again because Jimmy Saville is featured in it :O

Quote: G180e @ August 27 2013, 3:48 PM BST

I have got that taped on a DVD, I doubt whether they will ever re-show that again because Jimmy Saville is featured in it :O

I forgot he is in it.

Was it just a highlights episode? Not a big surprise it's not repeated, if so.

Quote: Aaron @ August 27 2013, 4:36 PM BST

Was it just a highlights episode? Not a big surprise it's not repeated, if so.

John Challis reprises his role as Boycie in the episode at the start and the end and celebrity fans pick and talk about some moments from the show.
I'm surprised it hasn't been included in the BCG's episode guide of OFAH.

Quote: G180e @ August 27 2013, 3:48 PM BST

I'm glad he didn't appear in a regular episode otherwise they wouldn't show it on TV or release it on DVD ever again because of that gobshyte.

I think they did Selection Box for other sitcoms as well. I'm sure I remember seeing one for Birds of a Feather.

Did they do an On The Buses selection box?

Quote: george roper @ 11th December 2013, 12:17 AM GMT

Did they do an On The Buses selection box?

No.

Oh that's a shame because I would have loved to have watched it. I wonder why they didn't do one for OTB, because they did one for OFAH, and celebs asking what their favourite episodes and best bits were, too.

Dad's Army had one. George I think BBC only did it because OTB were LWT and they didn't release any from LWT.

Quote: ComedyGeek @ 12th December 2013, 6:31 PM GMT

Dad's Army had one. George I think BBC only did it because OTB were LWT and they didn't release any from LWT.

WTF means LWT, U MF??

London Weekend Television

It's just a clip show with a mini-scene of Boycie introducing it, but filled with celebs/talking heads - all typical 90s people, all very dated now. It was nothing more than that.