I need some help.

In the late 80's or 90's the Swedish TV monopoly broke down. This meant that all the new TV channels brought in a lot (for us) new comedy series for us thirsty swedes. I remember one that I was watching and enjoyed a lot. I don't know if it was a part of a show or in fact the full show. So I need help to find the name of it. It was a mock televised studio talk show with a host and a wonderful studio orchestra consisting of a bald guy with an earpiece playing an organ and a dude (I think they were related to each other in some way). This guy was playing congas (poorly), always smoking, always beaten up with bar fight bruises in the face and always more or less drunk.
Is there anyone who knows the name of this show? Please help me.

Was it something with Rowland Rivron? Sounds like his Raw Sex duo.

Sounds like The Last Resort with Jonathan Ross.

Sounds like Reeves and Mortimer's 'Shooting Stars'...but that wasn't a talk show.

The Last Resort was one of those early Jonathan Ross shows that were kinda awesome, like the Incredibly Strange Film Show. Raw Sex also turned up in French and Saunders shows and all over the place. They seemed to be part of that incredibly exciting and dangerous period of alternative comedy. Of course a lot of it was embarrassingly shit, but much of it was awesome.

It was French and Saunders. They did a marvellous Abba take-off with Raw Sex.

If it's a mock talk show then it's The Last Resort

Alexander Armstrong did a (American style) talk show, not sure of the dates though.

And I have a vague memory of a very thin, very awkward guy who did a (deliberately) terrible talk show, which pre dated Partridge or Denis Penis. Buggered if I can remember his name though. I think he used to have a plaster across his nose.

Rowland rivron I suspect he did a lot of stuff

The description perfectly suits the first reply.

Raw Sex were on loads of things in the 80s.

Ohh I love this!!
Yes of course it's RAW SEX!
It takes brilliant musicians to play that bad.
I once had a dream that Raw Sex should play as support act on a one of the tours around Europe that I worked with. Support act to what band? Any will do really.
Thank you so much for helping me out with this question, I owe you one.
Take care
/Stefan

Does anyone else remember "Rivron in the River", it was a Thames Television show from the late 80s/early 90s and involved Roland Rivron hosting a chat show literally from the Thames, his chair and the guest sofa were bobbing about in the water.

Please, someone tell me this did actually happen and I didn't dream it.

EDIT - just Googled it and found this clip, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm7tkg90wvg

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 10th December 2013, 9:38 AM GMT

Does anyone else remember "Rivron in the River", it was a Thames Television show from the late 80s/early 90s and involved Roland Rivron hosting a chat show literally from the Thames, his chair and the guest sofa were bobbing about in the water.

Please, someone tell me this did actually happen and I didn't dream it.

I don't remember this. Could it have been a feature on another show?