What ever happened to critique? Page 21

A tad perhaps.

Quote: Marc P @ 9th December 2013, 12:01 AM GMT

You have worked with Kev F I take it?

Did he (or the Socks) write "Dead Poets Society"?

Do you know what, I doubt it ;)

Quote: sglen @ 8th December 2013, 11:59 PM GMT

Oh God, I couldn't read more than a few posts, I felt really bad for her for some reason. I felt like she already believed she was shit and was really defensive for that very reason. I just wanted to give her a cuddle.

That's pretty much my impression, too, from reading the thread - the escalation in hostility came from her defence mechanisms kicking in. That sort of thing will always happen occasionally - hopefully, though, I she found some of the critique she received to be of some use.

Quote: Marc P @ 9th December 2013, 12:13 AM GMT

Do you know what, I doubt it ;)

:D

I have to say I was initially nice to her, partly because her stuff wasn't that bad.

I think I got narked when it desceneded into all that weird cancer shit, because well I thought it was kinda offensive in an unironic way.

That and it was just another, time wasting critique tantrum.

Quote: sglen @ 8th December 2013, 11:59 PM GMT

Oh God, I couldn't read more than a few posts, I felt really bad for her for some reason. I felt like she already believed she was shit and was really defensive for that very reason. I just wanted to give her a cuddle.

It's hard not to feel bad for her but I felt my sympathy wane when she started attacking people and lying. Maybe she was a compensatory narcissistic (a term I probably shouldn't use since I've had zero psychology training, but to me it seems plausible).

I like the thread partly because it reminds me to attempt to be egoless when receiving feedback on work.

But yes, someone should cuddle her.

Everyone needs a cuddle sometimes.

What about people with fragile skin or bone conditions, you could kill them.

Or just make a mess.

I was told I suffer from osteopassivity!

Oh very clever.

I think Marc suffers from 'smarting of the arse'.

His predilection for pre-war school stories does suggest that his interests lie in that direction...

Yaroop!