I'm a Celebrity - Get Me Out of Here Page 16

Morning Marc :). What part of my pardon do you wish to beg?

Quote: Jennie @ 26th November 2013, 9:42 AM GMT

There is nothing productive to be gained from watching TV. It is pure escapism and entertainment.

If we just deal with comedy alone, what better way to learn about writing comedy than by watching it? Even if you're not a writer, the old maxim 'laughter is the best medicine' has been proven to be true, since health can benefit from laughing.

I have been advocating the use of Clowns as paramedics for years!

Quote: Jennie @ 26th November 2013, 9:48 AM GMT

Morning Marc :). What part of my pardon do you wish to beg?

:S

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 26th November 2013, 10:02 AM GMT

I have been advocating the use of Clowns as paramedics for years!

http://themoscownews.com/people/20120510/189709955.html

Thank God that common sense has prevailed!

Quote: Nogget @ 26th November 2013, 9:54 AM GMT

If we just deal with comedy alone, what better way to learn about writing comedy than by watching it? Even if you're not a writer, the old maxim 'laughter is the best medicine' has been proven to be true, since health can benefit from laughing.

I did not explain myself well enough. Watching TV is technically a waste of time in the sense that it is an entirely passive activity. It does not necessarily follow that this is a bad thing. As you say, there are other benefits too.

I was simply trying to say that if 'IACGMOOH' is a waste of everyone's time then that must naturally extend to other shows too. When does a television show become sufficiently productive to be deemed a productive use of an hour or so? When it makes you laugh? Or cry? Or forget your problems?

I love TV. I particularly love comedy and documentaries on serial killers (don't judge me.)

I do sometimes consider it a waste of my time.

I don't think that is a bad thing.

For me writing for television is a bigger waste of Time.

Quote: Jennie @ 26th November 2013, 10:20 AM GMT

I did not explain myself well enough.

You are courtesy personified.

Quote: Nogget @ 26th November 2013, 10:26 AM GMT

You are courtesy personified.

I meant that sincerely!

Quote: Jennie @ 26th November 2013, 10:34 AM GMT

I meant that sincerely!

My point is that it takes uncommon courtesy to write 'I did not explain myself' rather than something less self-deprecating, like "you don't understand".

I'd go with the latter.

Quote: Jennie @ 26th November 2013, 10:20 AM GMT

'IACGMOOH'

I've just spent some productive time saying that out loud, thank you Jennie ;)

Looking Forward to tonights,i can't wait for the task tonight.

What strange times we live in where eating kangaroo testicles is considered being a task.