Status report Page 5,417

Quote: Will Cam @ 21st November 2013, 9:59 PM GMT

Will Cam is about to go to bed. He is on a leadership course tomorrow that involves a morning of outdoor problem solving exercises with a whole mob of middle managers from across various government agencies who he only met today. He might solve it by staying in bed instead.

*goes of muttering about team building being so 1999.

Wasn't actually as bad as I thought although we did have the class Twat in our group. The thing is he knows he's the twat.

I'm glad they went for an older guy this time. You know what would be great, though? An actual surprise when the Doctor regenerates rather than finding out what's going to happen 6 months in advance. It removes all the jeopardy from the show when you know that the Doctor's demise will be announced long in advance.

That would be AMAZING. I wish that could happen.

All the 50th stuff will be over tomorrow, won't it? So you can stop worrying, Nil!

I'm not worrying, zooo! :P

I remember Tom Baker turning into Peter Davidson being a total surprise, but I was young. Much better for the viewing, but probably unfeasible these days.

At least we do have the surprise of them revealing the next Doctor I suppose, even if it is a year ahead of him starting.
I was so excited I was almost sick the last two times.

*realises it is time to re-examine life*

Quote: zooo @ 22nd November 2013, 11:20 PM GMT

I was so excited I was almost sick the last two times.

*realises it is time to re-examine life*

:D

Quote: Harridan @ 22nd November 2013, 10:43 PM GMT

I'm glad they went for an older guy this time.

Oh me too! I may even give it a watch. If what's his face had stayed on, you know, that fella, ummm... Chris??? I can't remember??? Ecclescake! If he had stayed on, I may have watched it still.

Peter Capaldi is a really nice man. My only appearance onscreen was in a film directed by him.

You've waited a bloody long time to drop that bombshell on us!

I've only watched about one or two DW and thought them total shit.

Only ever watched one Blake's Seven and thought it total shit.

Only ever seen one James Bond film as well and thought it total shit.

Yours,

GOM.

Tursiops has a stonking headache which is making his teeth, cheekbone and eyeball hurt, and is currently about as irritable as a sandpapered scrotum. He apologises in advance for any unfunny jokes, personal remarks or regrettable incidents that might occur during the course of the day.

Quote: Tursiops @ 23rd November 2013, 10:16 AM GMT

Tursiops has a stonking headache which is making his teeth, cheekbone and eyeball hurt, and is currently about as irritable as a sandpapered scrotum. He apologises in advance for any unfunny jokes, personal remarks or regrettable incidents that might occur during the course of the day.

Is that just on one side of your head? If so it sounds like a migraine, and you might find paracetamol, a pair of dark glasses, silence (and probably a nap) beneficial.

I woke up with Ylvis' 'The Fox' in my head this morning and it's been driving me crazy. What does the fox say?

Not much they don't have a concept of language

Yes, one side only, I am never entirely sure whether these things are migraine, sinus or cervicogenic; since I have facial neuralgia, a deviated septum and a stiff neck, it is anyone's guess. Either way I am resigned to being stuck with the symptoms until mid-evening.

Most of my plans for today are now shelved. I have prescribed myself a large dose of slumping in front of the telly.

And to add to my problems, I have now been infected with your ear worm. What does the fox say?

not much

you are taking paracaetamol or something