It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia Page 5

Quote: Edwin @ September 28 2013, 6:12 PM BST

This weeks episode is my second favourite from this season after the second episode where Frank is acting all Alex Jones on the news about gun control and global warming.

Despite the slow start in the first episode, this has got back to being a top quality sitcom.

No love for 'The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award' Edwin?

For me that was the funniest episode since last season's 'The Gang Dines Out' :)

Anyone else starting to get slightly tired of this show now? I think it's Fight Milk that did it. Everything after Fight Milk can never be as good as Fight Milk.

Absolutely not. The current series is damn good. Even the lesser episodes are better than the worst of previous series in my eyes.

The first two episodes of the new season were pretty sub standard and felt like everyone was on auto pilot. The third episode was a big step up to the usual quality. There can be no doubt that they are going to run this show into the ground. They have at least another two seasons booked after this one and I just can't see where the new ideas will come from. Saying that, a poor Always Sunny is favourable over 90% of current comedy shows.

"I'm afraid they were...obliterated". I thought this week was absolutely superb, some big cues taken from Community's 'Remedial Chaos Theory' episode but still delivered in a totally Sunny fashion. How many shows are still this fun in their 9th year?

Who wants to see a Japanese kindergarten class perform 'DayMan'?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCB4XRRn0WU

I've liked this season so far, like I've said before, but nothing beats pro gun activist Frank Reynolds so far this season.

The last couple of episodes have received a lot of love, but I didn't like them that much. Like Vince Ives said, they've felt to much like Community and to little like It's Always Sunny.

'No love for 'The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award' Edwin?'

That episode was a masterpiece, up there with their best stuff. Mac's reaction to the orgasm line had me in tears.

I thought Flowers For Charlie was pretty terrible though. The Game of Thrones writer's didn't have the same grasp on the characters and it felt like a fan fic.

I think with the Flowers for Charlie episode was a bit different because they followed Flowers for Algernon fairly faithfully... and with their past success sticking to GoT books for scripts, who can blame them?

Hmm that's true. The only bit that made me laugh in that episode was when he revealed what he'd been working on. That felt pretty faithful to Charlie's character.

His song (second one) in the Award episode made me cry with laughter.

Season 8's bloopers :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a55_SC287s

Just finished the latest season and it felt like a bit of a chore. Maybe they need new writers or something but it just feels lacklustre and they keep going back to tired characters and plots. It still has some laughs but comparing this to season 1-6 it feels like a different show.

Best line of the season, "It's unrated... four extra seconds dedicated solely to the dong shot"

That Dennis speech about the girl without the wedding ring wasn't QUITE up there with his 'because of the implication' routine from The Gang Buys a Boat, but my word, it was close. The image of Dee on the carousel was special too.

Is there a new season on?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 16th January 2015, 11:56 AM GMT

Is there a new season on?

There is, season 10 is with us, and it's off to a flyer :)

Quote: Vince Ives @ 16th January 2015, 10:53 AM GMT

That Dennis speech about the girl without the wedding ring wasn't QUITE up there with his 'because of the implication' routine from The Gang Buys a Boat...

I love that scene, his facial expression as he delivers the line is perfect.