Which comedy stars have you met? Page 9

The majority of them I met at various Heritage Foundation/British Comedy Society functions over the last 20 years. I am also a member of both the Goon Show Preservation Society and The Tony Hancock Appreciation Society and have met some of these stars at conventions. I understand that Eric Sykes and Larry Grayson (met him at the opening of a car showroom!) may not be in the same league but they both have the ability to make me laugh and that's what's important (IMHO).

Thanks for the reply Steve, sounds like you have some nice memories there.

Anyone behave like an arse that you would care to name...

Quote: Tim Azure @ 15th November 2013, 5:00 PM GMT

Andy Kaufman works at my chip shop...

Kirsty MacColl works at mine.

Isn't she dead?

I met Craig Charles today in Birmingham. Lovely bloke.

My Mum once was verbally abused by Wendy Richards at an Are You Being Served reunion party. (Mum played one of the mannequins.)

The funny thing is that my Mum is quite clearly not "a f-ing n***********er*"!

:D

I met Greg Davies after a gig once, nice chap although this was before he got involved with the terrible 'Man Down' series. Absolute giant as well, not often I'm made to feel short!

I'd most like to meet David Mitchell anyone met him?

Quote: george roper @ 18th November 2013, 1:13 AM GMT

I met Craig Charles today in Birmingham. Lovely bloke.

He ponced a ciggie off me once.
I only tell that story because I'm not using it in my autobiography.

Auto means you don't have to write it yourself right?

I saw Limmy outside HMV in Glasgow City Centre a few years ago. This was before he had his own (fantastic) TV show. I said hello and he cheerily turned around and said hiya back. He was really nice! On the same street and the same year, I saw Green Wing's Michelle Gomez walking by as I waited outside a shop. She has incredible legs!

Quote: paul f @ 5th December 2013, 6:52 PM GMT

I saw Green Wing's Michelle Gomez walking by as I waited outside a shop. She has incredible legs!

Paul, myself and many other male members of the board fancy the pants off Michelle Gomez. It's fair to say we're very jealous that you got to gawp at her pins.

Quote: Ben @ 7th December 2013, 10:21 PM GMT

Paul, myself and many other male members of the board fancy the pants off Michelle Gomez.

Count me in!

I had a few drinks with Ed Byrne one night, nice guy, I still have his hat.

I met Ricky Tomlinson out of The Royle Family. He was great!

Quote: Ben @ 7th December 2013, 10:21 PM GMT

Paul, myself and many other male members of the board fancy the pants off Michelle Gomez. It's fair to say we're very jealous that you got to gawp at her pins.

Haha! Gawp would be the perfect word to use. I was waiting outside of work smoking a "snout" whilst she walked on by. She actually looked at me because I was staring at her so much. Very funny woman, and very leggy. 5 stars - The Guardian.

I have only met a couple but as they were miserable nuggets of humanity I shan't mention their names as it would be unfair of me as they no longer tread this mortal coil. Suffice to say their acts were not very funny either.

I went to a 'posh do' at a hotel in Bradford in about 1980 and there sat at the bar alone was Bill Maynard.
I said hello and he chatted with me freely. In retrospect I think he was looking for company or an ear to bend. All the same, he was a nice bloke

But that wasn't my main memory of that evening because in walked Peter Lorimer and Norman Hunter of the great Leeds United team. I was awe struck that these 'Gods' actually went in bars and not only that, they drank normal peoples Tetley Bitter.