British Comedy Award Predictions

Good Morning comedy fans (or a phrase as equally banal)

The British Comedy Awards are not too far away (12th December) and I think it would be interesting to see peoples predictions of what will be nominated and win or just what you think/hope will win if you don't have the time or patience to predict all nominated candidates.

Categories are as followed:
Best Comedy Panel Programme
Best Comedy Entertainment Programme
Best Comedy Sketch Show
Best Comedy Sitcom
Best New Comedy Programme
Best Male TV Comic
Best Female TV Comic
Best Comedy Entertainment Personality
Best Breakthrough Talent
Best Comedy TV Actor
Best Comedy TV Actress

Unfortunately they have once again chosen to omit the Comedy Drama category, which is a shame as there's been quite a few gems this year.

And the considerably harder to predict:
The Writer's Guild of Great Britain Award (WGGB)
The British Comedy Academy Outstanding Achievement Award
The British Comedy Academy Lifetime Achievement Award
King or Queen of Comedy

You don't have to predict all of them - I can understand how that could be boring - Have fun.

The writing award will be given to Sam Bain & Jesse Armstrong. As, by law, they are now the only people allowed to have a full narrative TV comedy series commissioned on British television.

Jack Whitehall has to be a shoe in for a nomination for King of Comedy, while The Last Leg will get a nomination for best Comedy Entertainment show I think. Others, maybe Micky Flanagan for best TV Comic and would Joe Wilkinson still count as a newcomer since 2013 has been something of a breakout year for him? Another tip for newcomer could be James Acaster, he's got a strong Edinburgh rep now, has started appearing on TV more and I believe has his own radio show now.

There are some things about the official nominations that are good and some are rather bad. Why the hell are Ant and Dec nominated? In my opinion The Mimic deserves some recognition and can you call Adam Hills a breakthrough act? I like Adam Hills but come on really?

Quote: Leo M @ 3rd December 2013, 12:28 PM GMT

Why the hell are Ant and Dec nominated?

They've been nominated every year since the coronation year of 1953. It's just part of the ongoing wonderful story of tradition of this 'Blessed Isle'. Other countries may mock Ant & Dec, but at heart they're simply jealous they can't nominate Ant & Dec for their own Comedy Awards. Dirty foreigners.