Hebburn - Series 2

I really loved tonight's episode. Brillaint sitcom with Vic Reeves, Chris Ramsey and Kimberley Nixon.

I just adore this series. It has me regularly screaming with laughter. Jim Moir is a real revelation as an acting talent, Ramsey and Nixon are a wonderful on-screen couple, and Cook and Duff, as well as writing the show, have pitch-perfect deadpan delivery.

The only thing I don't like is that Series 1 is not available on Blu-ray.

Wonderful stuff.

Everyone's great on it, but especially Vic. (I know he's Jim in this, but he's still Vic to me.)

Got it recorded to watch tonight. I like Hebburn. All the principals are great especially the nan.

Speaking of Graham Duff, does anyone know what is happening with the Ideal movie? It's been a while since any news on it. Has it fallen through?

Hebburn - Series 2

You guys are killin me! :)

I sure hope it airs "over here" on PBS. While running the first season, it eventually turned out to be the Britcom I was most looking forward to watching.

I really enjoyed it, too. Feels like a comfy pair of slippers, which is quite nice every so often and doesn't necessarily mean it's not extremely funny. I love the relationship between Gina McKee and the mother-in-law.

Quote: Aaron @ 13th November 2013, 12:04 AM GMT

I just adore this series. It has me regularly screaming with laughter. Jim Moir is a real revelation as an acting talent, Ramsey and Nixon are a wonderful on-screen couple, and Cook and Duff, as well as writing the show, have pitch-perfect deadpan delivery.

The only thing I don't like is that Series 1 is not available on Blu-ray.

Why do you call him Jim Moir, out of interest?

Quote: MCharsley @ 16th November 2013, 1:20 AM GMT

Why do you call him Jim Moir, out of interest?

It's Vic Reeves' real name and he is credited with that when he acts, these days.

Quote: Harridan @ 16th November 2013, 10:07 AM GMT

It's Vic Reeves' real name and he is credited with that when he acts, these days.

Well, yeah, but come on. He's Vic Reeves! It's all wrong.

It's not that odd - 'Vic Reeves' is a big showy hilarious persona that doesn't really suit his more understated performances.

First series seemed to pass me by but watched this week's episode and really enjoyed it.

Anyone know where I can catch up on the first series?

Why doesn't the girl that plays the nursing home carer get on the billing pictures?

She steals every scene she is in - a rough diamond with a heart.

Echoes of Carter Brandon and Linda Preston in "I didn't know you cared."