Citizen Khan - Series 2 Page 4

I found this last episode to be good, not LOL funny but good. A little of the sappy romance snuck in but still better than some of the other programmes out there.

Maybe it's me being here in the USA that I don't mind it so much, but one of my very good friends from Bolton was here this past weekend and he absolutely detests this show. Is it just in general that folks in the UK are against humourous portrayals of Muslims that reside in the UK or am I just missing something?

I apologise in advance if I'm asking something best left unsaid, which if it is the case PLEASE delete this comment, just asking as an outsider looking in I guess, so please excuse me.

Quote: Dice @ October 31 2013, 2:09 AM GMT

Maybe it's me being here in the USA that I don't mind it so much, but one of my very good friends from Bolton was here this past weekend and he absolutely detests this show. Is it just in general that folks in the UK are against humourous portrayals of Muslims that reside in the UK or am I just missing something?

It's not that it's about Muslims that people object to it (although of course there are some), it's that it's an outwardly funny show that wears funny through its heart, on its chest and down its sleeves, unashamedly trying to amuse and entertain.

Quote: Dice @ October 31 2013, 2:09 AM GMT

Is it just in general that folks in the UK are against humourous portrayals of Muslims that reside in the UK or am I just missing something?

I apologise in advance if I'm asking something best left unsaid, which if it is the case PLEASE delete this comment, just asking as an outsider looking in I guess, so please excuse me.

I'm afraid the whole rest of the world finds it hard to cope with Muslims being Muslims and doesn't really want to have to accommodate them and their strict and extreme ways.

But of course this show is a good thing, whatever it's like.

Despite my aversion to all things Muslim I quite like Citizen Khan, the character himself makes me laugh. His wife in the sitcom is crap, there's nothing there!

Quote: Aaron @ October 31 2013, 2:30 AM GMT

It's not that it's about Muslims that people object to it (although of course there are some), it's that it's an outwardly funny show that wears funny through its heart, on its chest and down its sleeves, unashamedly trying to amuse and entertain.

And failing in all those departments.

Quote: roscoff @ October 28 2013, 3:24 PM GMT

shitty shit

Quote: roscoff @ October 31 2013, 1:26 PM GMT

And failing in all those departments.

Says you. :)

"Tang tang" is used for a joke yet again this Series and by reading episode 6 description, it probably will again.

Episode 5 was quite good. But How did she survive with no bruises or cuts from falling over from a tall building? And unrealistic how Mr Khan thought the match website wasn't a dating site, surely there must have been some pictures to show it was?

Episode 5 was probably the weakest episode yet, it did provide some funny bits but not enough to satisfy a whole 30 minutes but decent on the whole and watchable.

I have only become a fan and have watched series 2 and I love it. It treads lightly over the religious issues and is brilliantly written

A great finale to another great series of Citizen Khan. I will be buying the Series 2 DVD very soon and I'm looking forward to the Christmas special and would love to see a Series 3.

I wonder if this show will be considered racist in years to come like 'Love Thy Neighbour' and 'Mind Your Language' ?? :)

Quote: maidenpriest @ 15th November 2013, 4:23 PM GMT

I wonder if this show will be considered racist in years to come like 'Love Thy Neighbour' and 'Mind Your Language' ?? :)

I wonder whether this show, awful as it is, will even be remembered as long as the two shows you mention? (Both of which were, if I'm honest, far funnier. As was 'Citizen Kane'.)

Quote: T.W. @ 18th November 2013, 12:13 AM GMT

I wonder whether this show, awful as it is, will even be remembered as long as the two shows you mention? (Both of which were, if I'm honest, far funnier. As was 'Citizen Kane'.)

That.

I hope a Series 3 will be made.