The brilliant Helen Lederer is crowdfunding! Page 8

There's still media interest: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/justin-lee-collins-return-stage-2669985

LBC radio in London have had her on as a special guest on three different programmes in just one week. Half an hour with Steve Allen in Conversation last Sunday, possibly an hour with Ian Collins on Friday and a significant amount of time on the Andrew Castle show reviewing the papers yesterday.

The show was promoted on those programmes as it was more typically across stations from the Alan Titchmarsh television show down to BBC Radio Norfolk. But I have never known one person to get such extensive air time for an event of this kind on LBC or any other one station in just eight days.

Tweet
Helen Lederer‏@HelenLederer
Misinformation. Collins not on the show. Apologies

Quote: playfull @ 4th November 2013, 6:22 PM GMT

Tweet
Helen Lederer‏@HelenLederer
Misinformation. Collins not on the show. Apologies

Yes - 19 hours ago.

15 hours ago, Clare Moore of Theatre Co asks in another Tweet:

Will you be asking @DailyMirror to apologise for mis-quoting?

So far there has been no reply.

Quote: Badge @ 4th November 2013, 5:23 PM GMT

There's still media interest: http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/justin-lee-collins-return-stage-2669985

If Lee Collins competed against Lederer for funding, would he beat her?

Quote: Nogget @ 4th November 2013, 6:33 PM GMT

Fortunately I didn't listen to any of the programmes. They were simply mentioned on another forum. Nor will it be surprising to hear that I am not a regular on her Twitter page. Someone might think that all of the crowdfunding business and the guests they have chosen are deliberately designed to create loads of hoo-ha. The show is called WTF, after all. So "Why the Fuss?", it asks, while arguably it is also creating fuss. Between those points, there could be an intonation of moral naivety that to many may be unconvincing.

When an item gets into a newspaper about an ex abuser of a woman then, even if inaccurate, it could to some feel sinister. He is the comedian apparently. But then possibly not much is what it appears to be in this entire series of events. Crowdfunding might be a known word to many. It wasn't to me. As I said, I thought it was about charity. And that's not ridiculous seeing that Lederer does do charity and has alternated messages on Twitter about charity fundraising and raising money for WTF. Similarly, WTF is not what many think of as "Why The Fuss?". So there is further confusion. "What the F**k?" may be more apt.

Further, the OP was apparently in the business of communication. However, she disappeared quickly after she had simply broadcast her request. And while presumably the show purports to have relevance to a comedy forum, the guests Rayner, Brown, Moore and Lawson are not at all known principally for their comedy. In fact, some aren't known for any comedy. So arguably, the "WTF" brand is carte blanche for arguing this way and that and making it whatever happens to be convenient as a means of making money. The project reminds me of the oilier and well-oiled MPs. That way they slither and slide around a pan.

Quote: Nogget @ 4th November 2013, 6:33 PM GMT

v good