Misfits - Series 5

Still enjoying this, although it's nowhere near as good as the first couple of series.

Anyway, just realised that the guy in the powers support group, who sees everyone as game characters is the the same character from Series 2 who thought he was living in a (GTA-style) game.

Definitely not as good as previous series. Rudy is the only thing that keeps me with it, really. But I'll keep watching. The characters are a lot less lovable than the first lot in my opinion.

Quote: sglen @ October 31 2013, 12:18 PM GMT

Rudy is the only thing that keeps me with it, really.

Same here, although I like the little chap too.

I like the tortoise.

It's a really weird mix of hilarity and horror, and I feel a bit sorry for the actors when they are trying to do something straight, which is actually very funny.

I hope the tortoise will be explained, unless it has and I've missed it.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 31 2013, 12:33 PM GMT

I hope the tortoise will be explained

I just think it's a shame it wasn't in the first series, since it would have raised the average level of the acting substantially.

Quote: Nogget @ October 31 2013, 12:43 PM GMT

I just think it's a shame it wasn't in the first series, since it would have raised the average level of the acting substantially.

I need an emoticon lifting a handbag, please.

Quote: sglen @ October 31 2013, 12:54 PM GMT

I need an emoticon lifting a handbag, please.

The protocol is to use this one:

I just want to know what happens at the end. Hopefully something satisfying and awesome.

Hopefully.

Quote: Nogget @ October 31 2013, 12:58 PM GMT

The protocol is to use this one:

:D

I can't bring myself to watch this series it's just getting stupid.
The first one was brilliant though, Nathan was hilarious. Such a shame.

Quote: Hannah G @ October 31 2013, 8:03 PM GMT

I can't bring myself to watch this series it's just getting stupid.
The first one was brilliant though, Nathan was hilarious. Such a shame.

It is kinda stupid, but brilliantly stupid. Still time for it to go downhill, of course.
Yes, Robert Sheehan was amazing, although in some ways his brilliance served to further overshadow other cast-members' efforts.

Quote: Nogget @ October 31 2013, 8:11 PM GMT

It is kinda stupid, but brilliantly stupid. Still time for it to go downhill, of course.
Yes, Robert Sheehan was amazing, although in some ways his brilliance served to further overshadow other cast-members' efforts.

I thought they were all great to be honest, except maybe for Alicia and Curtis who were a little bit boring. I agree with others that Rudi is funny though, but he had a hard job replacing Nathan imo.

i have just rewatched the first 3 seasons and something has occured to me.
1. What if Simon escaped the loop? There is no reason he would return to the passt other than for the romance between him and Alishia. If he wouldn't had returned to the past at the end of season 3, there would be no difference whatsoever. She would've died anyway. Future Simon always said he wouldn't let Alishia die, but he should know it is bound to happen.
2. What if the loop is moved forward. There have been many moment where the crew barely escaped death (besides from Nathan:|), and it is the work from an earlier future Simon, and these events have been fully implemented into the timeline. If we take this into account, you can say that Alishia survived GTA dude anyway, and he saved Alishia from the ghost instead, moving the loop forward. I never thought it would be possible, but with the return of GTA dude, it opens perspective. Maybe everything has taken place and he never went to prison. Why would someone who killed that many people be relesed from prison that early. It hasn't been a year since the storm. And if the police would've known about the power. He were to be treated while being in prison, and the whole world would know about those super powers.
Seeing Simon return in the final now seems plausible for me. And I hope it happens. After season 3, the show became less good, primarily because it missed a global storyline (like Super-Hoodie). Season 4 looked like the 'Rudy-show', a spin-off set in the same world. It didn't have any elements from former seasons.
But wait! Except GTA dude!
And maybe Alex brakes the loop by shagging Simon,... twice. (the last power goes away, and that's the immunity, and yes it would go away, or else it would've never been possible to transfer it from Seth)
I thik it is enough to fantasize about for one night.

Aww, just watched the watch episode. Will miss the gang(s).