Panellists who annoy you Page 9

I loathe TV presenters on panel shows. They are rarely funny but always attention-seeking.

Echo Sandi Toksvig. She seems to have broad ability- recently as a writer of drama. But on The News Quiz she grates; it is a bit me, me, me; and her trademark piping intro, "D'you not think...".

And she is always (in her very RP English tones) always banging on about being Danish...

Jimmy Carr if he counts. Alan Davies

Quote: Fred C Dobbs @ October 29 2013, 9:06 PM GMT

Echo Sandi Toksvig. She seems to have broad ability- recently as a writer of drama. But on The News Quiz she grates; it is a bit me, me, me; and her trademark piping intro, "D'you not think...".

And she is always (in her very RP English tones) always banging on about being Danish...

Well, she is Danish. The accent she has is one she cultivated from watching Brief Encounter in an attempt to fit in.

Ross Noble
Micky Flanagan
Blinky Muppetface
Alan Davies
Phill Jupitus
Jason Manford
Rufus Hound
...and any bugger who turns up on three different panel games in the course of a week...

Blinky Muppetface?

Sorry, that should be mcmuppetface.

aww! He does look like a muppet!

Quote: Harridan @ October 29 2013, 9:14 PM GMT

Well, she is Danish. The accent she has is one she cultivated from watching Brief Encounter in an attempt to fit in.

I suppose she is technically Danish. I mean, technically I'm from Mars, but I don't go on about it.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ October 29 2013, 10:08 PM GMT

1) The hugely-annoying Stephen Fry, who cannot work unscripted. Take away his pieces of paper and earpiece and he has nothing. It's a BBC PR coup that he's clever and funny. He's not;

2) "Is it a wardrobe?" The hugely-annoying Paul 'One-joke' Merton, who must have the same publicist as Stephen Fry;

3) The hugely-annoying Phil Jupitus. Why? Where's the funny?

1) Stephen is quite good at Improvisation comedy. But is better at scripted stuff.

2) Go and see Paul Merton's Improv Chums. I would put money on you not hearing the same joke in the show.

This is a terribly mean-spirited thread, I propose we close it and make daisy-chains instead.

You'd lose your money.

no I WOULD NOT. Saw the show twice at Edinburgh Fringe (2012/13) And it was great.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ October 29 2013, 10:08 PM GMT

1) The hugely-annoying Stephen Fry. Take away his pieces of paper and earpiece and he has nothing. It's a BBC PR coup that he's clever, spontaneous and funny. He's not;

You must tell us who wrote Fry and Laurie! They should be given a show immediately.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ October 29 2013, 10:21 PM GMT

Nice to see the hyphen back in fashion.

?

I must be having an off day.