Miranda Hart's shit Christmas 'gift'.

Sadly not the title of her new show but a reference to her new fitness DVD - out in time for Christmas: https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/miranda_hart_fitness_dvd/

Since I've just advertised it for nothing I feel justified in running down this shocking, exploitative piece of f**king crap by a rich TV performer.

Fitness videos are one of the principal money-making routes for the z-list nobodies and famous-for-nothing braindead shitbags that populate soaps and 'reality' shows.

They are utterly cynical pointless programmes that will never in a million years give the purchaser the figure of the star on the box, which has usually been arrived at by having a personal chef, personal trainer and sometimes surgery.

Miranda Hart is talented and I would have expected more of her to be honest. I hope it doesn't sell a single copy.

I don't really think it's a serious fitness DVD, or that they're expecting anyone to buy it for the fitness part.

I do think it's a really weird idea though.

Godot you don't seriously think people are buying it because they want to look like a comedy character, famous for being ungainly?

It's a piss taking, ironic video. Good for her even if I won't buying it.

*Sigh*
Like most people who criticise me for telling them the water's freezing you're both still in the changing rooms trying to wriggle out of your BHS smalls.

Miranda is slim now. It isn't a piss take and they are expecting people to buy it for the fitness part.

Me? I didn't say anything about her figure. I know perfectly well she's not fat (she never actually was in the first place).

I still don't think they think people will buy it for the fitness part, it'll be a comedy workout. Plus they have a ton of comedy extras.

This concept is based around a 'mis-conception' that keeping fit can be fun. It's not fun it never has been. Serious athletes who stay slim from exercise and don't do the classic yo-yo effect like the rest of us push themselves to the edge often being physically sick to the bargain.

You want that carry on. But you don't have a personal dietician and you don't have sponsorship from British Athletics.

I've trained for a marathon and I was damned fit and slim to boot. But there was no fun in the amount of training I had to do and quite frankly my body probably wouldn't stand up to it now (especially the knees!)

So buy it if you want for the comedy and ignore the fitness advice. It ain't fun!

It is described as "an authentic fitness routine but one that is wholly unique, and skilfully combines exercise and comedy", which suggests it is, in part at least, targetting the keep fit market.

What they should have done is included the comedy fitness routines as special features on Miranda Series 3 DVD rather than making us fork out more money to buy this! I will not be buying Marackattack but I will be purchasing Series 3.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 15 2013, 2:34 PM BST

*Sigh*
Like most people who criticise me for telling them the water's freezing you're both still in the changing rooms trying to wriggle out of your BHS smalls.

Miranda is slim now. It isn't a piss take and they are expecting people to buy it for the fitness part.

reality and news are overrated, I'm still waiting to hear if General Gordon was avenged at the battle of Omduman

Peter Kay is a right fat b*stard now

Can't believe he hasn't got in on this scam yet

Quote: lofthouse @ October 15 2013, 10:19 PM BST

Peter Kay is a right fat b*stard now

Can't believe he hasn't got in on this scam yet

Ha!

That comes as no surprise to me whatsoever

Quote: The Cool Mikado @ October 19 2013, 6:48 PM BST

I've actually seen this. It's pretty weird. It at least appears to be a proper work out routine (led by Paddy) with a few jokes about Max not being able to keep up with the pace.

Not very good.

Glad to see how lovely and glamorous she looks! If she really did that workout to trim down, then of course I'd be interested.

I would be saddened to find out she's as money grubbing as the rest of the 90s crowd that cashed in on workout videos. They all admit it was strictly for the money and had nothing to do with how they maintained their bodies. I'm sure most weight loss at that time had more to do with taking illegal drugs than eating right and keeping fit.

I hope she farts when she bends over

And falls over

A lot

Etc