The brilliant Helen Lederer is crowdfunding! Page 6

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 23 2013, 3:02 PM BST

1. She could easily raise the money by re-mortgaging her house - she doesn't have to sell it.

2. I'm amused by the Dickensian turns of phrase: 'trying to earn a living', 'earn a crust' - She's not trying to do any of those things. No-one has to be on TV.

3. Your comparison with the BBC is best dispelled by looking up the words 'private' and 'public' in a dictionary.

Since like Richard III you appear to be 'in the giving vein', perhaps you'd like to help finance my forthcoming sex-tour of Bohemia and the low countries. I need ten grand for drinks and tips and a kitty of two thousand to have my arsehole repaired upon my return.

Are you in?

What a smug fellow you are!

Quote: zooo @ October 23 2013, 6:41 PM BST

I think there have been one or two threads started on the forums by people who aren't famous.

There was the "Tit News" guy, trying to raise funds for his TV pilot. I rather liked him. I wonder if it got made, and if so, if he's had any luck selling it/getting a Prod Co on board.

Quote: George Kaplan @ October 23 2013, 8:33 PM BST

There was the "Tit News" guy, trying to raise funds for his TV pilot.

What? Where do I have to send the money to?
;)

Quote: George Kaplan @ October 23 2013, 8:33 PM BST

There was the "Tit News" guy, trying to raise funds for his TV pilot.

He was excellent. Built the world's greatest ever desk - then ran out of money.

Quote: don rushmore @ October 23 2013, 8:52 PM BST

He was excellent. Built the world's greatest ever desk - then ran out of money.

Laughing out loud

Found his thread:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/26789/

This crowdfunding thing seems to me to be akin to the search for theatrical 'angels', presumably called this because they might not nail your bits to the furniture to get their money back, or are not just bankers. (I know, it's a close call).

It is a fair old do when someone as successful as HL is seeking this input, laudable though the intentions can be. Back in the 70s/80s or thereabouts, she and her peers were no doubt trekking to the Edinburgh Fringe, playing to 5 people for peanuts (no, actual peanuts, they needed the protein).

And possibly dreaming of North London houses worth £600-900,000!! :P

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ October 23 2013, 7:18 PM BST

What a smug fellow you are!

he is clever though

Quote: Marc P @ October 23 2013, 9:37 PM BST

he is clever though

Errr

Quote: Marc P @ October 23 2013, 9:37 PM BST

he is clever though but not pretty

You can get away with anything when you're pretty

For example I'm illiterate but I'm a best selling, Nobel prize winning author

all because I'm gorgeous, I just turn up at my publisher's office and let her paint me like one of her French boys

Oh MarcP you're not just a pretty face!

Marc goes blonde, and everyone starts flirting with him.

You go pink and no one kicks up a stink.

Quote: zooo @ October 24 2013, 12:28 PM BST

Marc goes blonde, and everyone starts flirting with him.

Laughing out loud

15%

I wonder if the woman who posted this thread checked back to see what had become of her attempt to drum up business and then backed away.