Toast Of London - Series 1

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/toast_of_london/

Anyone watching this? I liked the pilot.

Hated the pilot, so I think it's safe to say I won't be watching the full series.

Quote: G180e @ October 18 2013, 4:02 PM BST

Hated the pilot, so I think it's safe to say I won't be watching the full series.

WHISKY!

Bloody excellent.

I thought this was very entertaining. Just the right amount of mental surrealism. From what I remember of the pilot this seemed slightly toned down in a way that actually served to heighten the wacky elements. Very good.

Yeah, this was very funny, though Brucie was a bit terrifying!

Morgana's running was amazing.

I thought it was a big improvement on last year's pilot, and I especially liked the hoarding scene.

Anyone who enjoys Toast Of London should also check out Arthur Mathew's first solo sitcom Hippies, which in my opinion is vastly underrated.

I like Matthew Berry, so shall give this a look tonight.

Quote: groovydude89 @ October 21 2013, 12:38 PM BST

I thought it was a big improvement on last year's pilot, and I especially liked the hoarding scene.

Anyone who enjoys Toast Of London should also check out Arthur Mathew's first solo sitcom Hippies, which in my opinion is vastly underrated.

I agree totally with everything you've said. Great supporting cast too.

And Hippies is indeed, very underrated.

Really enjoyed Episode 1. Hugely silly and very funny. Matt Berry simply has funny bones and his occasional, random off-key delivery of words (such as adding a 'h' into 'wet' to produce 'whet') are, for me, a big part of his funniness.

Great supporting cast too, especially the brilliantly talented (and also alluringly attractive) Emma Fryer. Lovey

Can't wait for the rest of the series. More of the same please. :)

I thought I was going to like this, but I found it pleasingly different yet not particularly funny....I do like different...but I just didn't laugh. I found the main storyline a bit predictable and I felt like they didn't develop original silly ideas (surely they could have done something with the fact Brucey still has one beautiful African hand?) It just felt a bit all over the place to me.

Got round to watching this last night and enjoyed its offbeat charm. Silly stuff which I'll tune into again. It's just a shame it's got an unenviable timeslot. Still, I imagine this is destined for cult fandom rather than any big hit.

Watched the pilot and thought it wasn't all that bad. Better then some of the programs out there right now.

Quote: Dice @ October 24 2013, 1:48 AM BST

Watched the pilot and thought it wasn't all that bad. Better then some of the programs out there right now.

The pilot or Series 1, Episode 1?