The brilliant Helen Lederer is crowdfunding! Page 3

Quote: zooo @ October 20 2013, 4:32 PM BST

Yes, and now you've said it again.

I have.

:D

Quote: zooo @ October 20 2013, 4:28 PM BST

The thread just seemed to get a little bit villagers gathering with burny sticks. And I found it a bit of an overreaction, that's all.

Always the same people too. Bans and suspensions for repeat offenders please.

She's not the first, but she's the first on here - if Zach Braff starts posting his kickstarters on forums I frequent I'll tell him off too. At first I thought it was a depressing and pathetic bid for cash from a sinking celebrity who couldn't afford to put on her own show, but that's been shown not to be the case. I think it's pretty outrageous.

Also: http://youtu.be/bSR3h1wUoS8

Quote: don rushmore @ October 20 2013, 4:35 PM BST

Always the same people too. Bans and suspensions for repeat offenders please.

Well Don you've told me to f**k off on this site which is not what you or others would ever get from me. You have, of course, been on and off the site several times and I've read how those incidents developed.

Those inform my view of you.

Quote: Horseradish @ October 20 2013, 4:41 PM BST

Well Don you've told me to f**k off on this site which is not what you or others would ever get from me.

It's ancient history, mate. No ill feeling here. Happy to chat with you.

Quote: don rushmore @ October 20 2013, 6:08 PM BST

OK. That's good. Likewise.

Quote: don rushmore @ October 20 2013, 6:08 PM BST

Quote: Horseradish @ October 20 2013, 6:11 PM BST

OK. That's good. Likewise.

See, Helen Lederer already enriched your lives. ;)

You know what isn't enriching my life, GB? Your sig. Animated versions aren't allowed. Check the rules. :)

Quote: don rushmore @ October 20 2013, 6:20 PM BST

You know what isn't enriching my life, GB? Your sig. Animated versions aren't allowed. Check the rules. :)

Oh I see. Well, I'll have to have a serious word with myself then. :)

Quote: don rushmore @ October 20 2013, 6:20 PM BST

Don, you've been here long enough to know that the mods are far too namby pamby to rule with an iron fist.

I like Helen Lederer and would like to think she would still have enough clout to get a show on the road without the need to crowdsurf or whatever this new initiative likes to call itself. It seems a lot to expect the general public to fund this.

The e-mail that has gone to my Member of Parliament -

Dear.........

I am writing to you on the subject of crowd funding. I would like to see a change in the law.

As you may know, crowd funding is the collective effort of individuals who network and pool their money, usually via the Internet, to support efforts initiated by other people or organizations. It is used in support of a wide variety of activities - disaster relief, scientific research, new businesses and civic projects etc. For those with limited resources and who are unable to obtain a loan for a project, it can be a valuable tool.

I and others were recently approached by a crowd funding company on a forum asking for money to promote the show of a well-known actress who has spoken about her million pound home in the newspapers. On her website, she advised that she was looking for funding as she didn't have access to a few resources including a driver. I have no income and am not on benefits and am able to say no to such begging.

In other instances, vulnerable people and the elderly might donate the last of their money on receipt of similar requests, much as they might to cold callers or doorstep salesmen. This would be particularly the case if they felt that the person requesting the money was poor. This then is a process in which the extremely wealthy could easily fleece those of little means. In a civilised country, that's unacceptable.

Any new law should require those requesting such money to denote the extent of their poverty or wealth. Further, there should be a "health warning " on such requests. Something along the lines that it is not a charity, where it isn't a charity, and that people donate at their own risk. Ideally, there would be some sort of mechanism that required targeting to be specific rather than random so that the poor were not harassed.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dear Horesradishes MP

I see my fellow BCGer has written to you on the frankly petty issue of crowd funding websites being abused by celebrities, who should be able to afford such projects them selves

Where as this may be an emotive subject, it is far less important than other issues such as bedroom taxes, police sexually assaulting MPs bicycles and radioactive monsters

But you are wasting your time reading time wasting letters, like this one, I'm not even one of your constituents

You dick.

If Mr A's post is the same as the MP's reply I will be happy because he is loaded. Sootyj - Very good. It is rumoured that after 2015, it will be Boris here. If so, I reckon something along those lines to be sent hourly.