Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D Page 3

Enjoyed this, thought the dialogue was sparky and the plot moved on at a fair old lick, looking forward to the second episode.

Seen episode two and, for me, Coulson is the main draw of the show, getting the best lines. Less superhero(y) than the first episode, but still enjoyable.

It's not for me.

Didn't hate it, but didn't like it either.

All the Team are incredibly annoying. It's like a shit Alias mixed with Torchwood.

Second episode was much better, but I don't think Marvel are going to conquer the TV universe in the way they have the movie one. Nice to see Samuel L Jackson, though. Yawping away.

Quote: chipolata @ October 8 2013, 12:53 PM BST

Nice to see Samuel L Jackson, though.

Must have missed this, when was he on?

EDIT: Found it, I think I must've turn off when the SHIELD symbol came up, thinking it had ended. Fish tank. Funny.

Yup episode 2 much better, although the trapped on a plane with baddies who we thought were goodies. Was pure A team, no bad thing though. The characters though are so 2 dimensional and dull.

I thought episode 2 was a bit of a mess and far less enjoyable than the opening episode.

It is very "A Team" and it would work brilliantly as a Saturday afternoon/early evening show.

Especially as it's set on an aeroplane, endless BA Barracuss not getting on a plane japes.

I've been binging this recently in the current lockdown
Really enjoying it especially as it seems to get better as it goes along

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 21st November 2020, 7:58 PM

I've been binging this recently in the current lockdown
Really enjoying it

:O

Why the surprise?

I used to love the Nick Fury SHIELD and Howling Commandos comics in the 1960s. I guess it would be difficult now to place Fury in World War II as he'd be about 100 by now.

I think they incorporated some of the V stuff into later S.H.I.E.L.D comic stories
but I never read that much Marvel or DC
Was more into 2000ad and Eagle back in my comic book days

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 22nd November 2020, 7:13 PM

I think they incorporated some of the V stuff into later S.H.I.E.L.D comic stories
but I never read that much Marvel or DC
Was more into 2000ad and Eagle back in my comic book days

Well you're a mere youngster.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 22nd November 2020, 5:22 PM

Why the surprise?

It's just not something I hear often! Rightly or wrongly it's one of the more forgotten Marvel properties. I think I watched up until the end of Season 2 with Kyle MacLachlan as the villain. Like a lot of shows - Gotham, Pretty Little Liars, The Vampire Diaries, Dicte - I do intend to go back to it one day, it's just finding the time.