The Wrong Mans - Series 1 Page 5

Yeah, got to agree it's the best sitcom around at the moment, some very funny moments tonight, Corden's character making up a hot water bottle oblivious to the fight going on in the car, and the 'small town, big future' scene. Really liking Benedict Wong in this and Dougray Scott to look forward to next week..what's not to like.

I think Sootyj's right - not a phrase you hear often - in that it's quite an clumsy ill-formed beast. That said, I'm finding it quite an enjoyable romp, with a fair few laughs along the way.

Mind you, the plot is starting to befuddle me somewhat, so it's probably best not to give it too much thought.

Very enjoyable once again this; very funny, great performances, even quite exciting at points. Great stuff.

Made it to halway through Episode Two before I lost interest. It's just... crap.

It's really well done. It's just not very funny.

I really enjoyed the second episode and I think the show is brilliantly filmed and written mostly, it's just a shame there aren't many funny moments but the storyline is enough to keep me hooked. Another good episode!

Quote: 3SOCKSMORGAN @ October 1 2013, 7:09 PM BST

Tonight's ratings will show whether or not people liked it. I think it will a be a strong 3 million (or nearing four if new people have heard about it).

2.12, apparently.

I know this is a crap question, but does anyone know the name of the ringtone on Sam's (the carcrash victim in ep. 1) phone?

I think this show would be good if they had joined all of the episodes together to make a movie out of it. It's definitely movie material, loving it!

I was crying with laughter at this second episode. Something just got me from the van bit onwards and I was pretty much in stitches till the end.

-- What are you doing?!
-- I'm pulling his pants down!

:D

Dan

I dunno, I really want to like this show as I really do like the cast (Mat Baynton and Sarah Solemani particularly). However, the show feels to samey with much of the blame falling on Corden's retread of his obnoxious best-mate character.

I'm enjoying it. It's got a solid story that has twists and turns in it and has plenty of humour. It's something new and I think it works.

Quote: chipolata @ September 24 2013, 9:10 PM BST

The "Nobody wants to go go-karting with you" bit was remarkably similar to the bit in The Office Christmas Special when the preggo woman told Brent that nobody wanted to go for a drink with him.

Exactly what I thought.

Not sure that 'sitcom' is the right tag for this. It's certainly only sporadically funny (though when it is it's often on a laugh out loud scale) but it's compelling throughout. I've never really noticed Mathew Baynton in anything before but he is great in this.

Fantastic! Absolutely fantastic! 10/10!