Which comedy stars have you met? Page 7

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ September 3 2013, 4:40 PM BST

Nice bloke Dave Gorman - he's replied to a few of my tweets to him.

Indeed, he's up with the social media is Dave, always ready to engage with fans.
(and include that in his shows too :P )

Just don't tweet him saying you've found another Dave Gorman/Google Whack/pun street potential......he's a bit tired of that by now :P

I met Cleo Rocos on Saturday.

Is she in your English classes?

Being a stand up myself I've met all sorts of famous comics (Milton Jones, Rob Brydon, Tim Vine, Omid Djalili, Lee Mack, Sarah Millican, Stephen K Amos, Russell Howard, Russell Kane, etc, etc) but the most famous comedy star I've met was probably Harry Shearer.

Quote: Aaron @ September 17 2013, 2:19 AM BST

I met Cleo Rocos on Saturday.

Class

Stewart Lee signed a CD for me after his show at the Fringe. I was fairly star struck and couldn't even utter my own name correctly at him. He seemed genuinely taken aback when I stuttered "that was grat by the way".

I met Stewart Lee in a charity shop. I just mainly said his name at him.

I've met the BCG glitterati, that's good enough for me (ahem)

Quote: Shandonbelle @ September 17 2013, 7:41 PM BST

I've met the BCG glitterati, that's good enough for me (ahem)

Thanks Shandy!

;)

Quote: Tony Cowards @ September 17 2013, 4:01 PM BST

Being a stand up myself I've met all sorts of famous comics (Milton Jones, Rob Brydon, Tim Vine, Omid Djalili, Lee Mack, Sarah Millican, Stephen K Amos, Russell Howard, Russell Kane, etc, etc) but the most famous comedy star I've met was probably Harry Shearer.

Out of these people, who were the rudest/friendliest?

Quote: Margaret Ann Macleod @ September 18 2013, 12:26 AM BST

Out of these people, who were the rudest/friendliest?

I realise this is a bit of a cop-out but out of all the famous comedians I've met I could count the rude ones on the fingers of one hand (in fact only one really comes to mind), most comedians are very friendly, in fact I think in such a "people industry" it's difficult to succeed if you're not friendly and nice to deal with.

Quite a brief 'meeting', but I was an extra on an early 'Not Going Out', and the first person I met on location was Tim Vine. He was facing away, and I asked him where to go!! :P With his comic timing, he could have skewered me, but he couldn't have been more helpful.

Haven't done too many of these with comedians, but the actors generally are ok, if you do your job. On 'Snuff Box', Matt Berry and Rich Fulcher were ok, and hilarious- though much of the eventual show didn't catch this.

Charlie Chuck (Uncle Peter, Reeves and Mortimer)
Syd Little and Eddie Large
Norman Collier
Billy Pearce

Some big names there

Quote: Tony Cowards @ September 17 2013, 4:01 PM BST

Ok Tony, who was/is Harry Shearer?

John Cleese, who was absolutely charming. Also Michelle Gomez, Stephen Mangan and Julian Rhind Tutt, who were all lovely. Michelle gets a tough press, I think she just doesn't like journalists (and who wouldn't be wary) because she is bright and chatty with fans.

I met Peter Sallis at a show once. He was very funny and we talked about LOTSW. He said 30 series was too long!