The Wrong Mans - Series 1 Page 4

Who the hell leaves their bicycle locked to a lamppost outside their home?!

Was that Benedict Wong's character in Baynton's bath at the start? Could be an intriguing plot point if it was...like a clue that will be called back to in a future episode. Perhaps he had something to do with the bike being stolen and tampered with the brakes of that guy's car or something.

Quote: gb901 @ September 24 2013, 9:31 PM BST

Just comes across as a Corden vanity project!

It did a bit.

Quote: gb901 @ September 24 2013, 9:50 PM BST

Obviously a fan then?

Oh yes, a screaming fan girl.

Bit surprised that the Beeb looked at the frantic mugging of Dead Boss and thought, that was a great concept, let's try doing it again but with a more naturalistic tone.

Both shows have the problem of trying to hang gags on a drama plot, and neither really works.

Why do the BBC insist on calling programmes "comedies" when they have very little humour in them?
James Corden always plays the same part, and it just wasn't funny, it made me chuckle once in a while, but so does my dentist, doesn't make it a comedy!
Once again a good idea, lost in BBC politics and relying on "stars" to bring in the ratings as opposed to the quality of the writing!
It's a sad world when the best thing you can say about new TV programmes is "It was ok, should have been better!"

Quote: FunyHaHA Not Funy Strange @ September 26 2013, 12:05 PM BST

James Corden always plays the same part, and it just wasn't funny,

Just be thankful it's keeping him from hosting his own show.

This is the most boring BBC 2 sitcom ever.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 26 2013, 9:34 AM BST

Oh yes, a screaming fan girl.

:D

But, in all seriousness, it's great that Matt's now overcoming the fear and confronting reality.

Yeah Matt, burn your false beard!

I liked it. More Comedy-Drama than Sitcom for me, but some amusing bits. No proper laugh-out-loud moments but I found it funny.

Looks like something that'll get better as it goes on.

Quote: chipolata @ September 24 2013, 9:10 PM BST

The "Nobody wants to go go-karting with you" bit was remarkably similar to the bit in The Office Christmas Special when the preggo woman told Brent that nobody wanted to go for a drink with him.

Yeah, the scene leading up to that seemed a bit Office-y (Sam's colleague all "go on then, what is it?" reminded me of people questioning Brent), then the "nobody wants to go" bit solidified that!

If I have to put up with Mrs. Brown's Boys being a highlight of the BBC schedule, then others can cope with the fact that The Wrong Mans is the sort of thing people may want to watch. Even if it does have James Corden in it.

There was a speed up slow down shot as they approached the hospital and a reference to "Green Ward". It might have been an homage to Green Wing, but it was a long way from copying.

It was just a clumsy, ill formed dramedy.

A bunch of clumsily thought through ideas sort of flung at the screen.

Episode 2 tonight. An awesome comedy thriller!

Will it just be one series? The plot will most likely get resolved at the end of the series so will there be another mystery in Series 2 if it gets re-commissioned?

Tonight's ratings will show whether or not people liked it. I think it will a be a strong 3 million (or nearing four if new people have heard about it).

The Wrong Mans, Episode 2, tonight at 9pm on BBC Two.

Wow! Very, very good! Best thing on telly at the moment!

Can't wait for next week!