Birds of a Feather Page 13

Yes, Alfred. What you actually mean is women being written by two men as sarcastic and bitchy, there's a revelation...

I'm loving the repeats on Drama, when I remember it's actually on.

I'd forgotten how funny and cleverly written it was.

Pauline Quirke is a good comedy actress.

Dorien brings the OTT element to it.

I've been watching loads of the repeats, love it.

It's funny watching so many in a row. Their hairstyles and husbands change so often!

I have heard that the recordings for the new series of Birds of a Feather by ITV will begin at the end of this month (September 2013).

Any further ideas when/where the new series is recording?

Quote: Mike88 @ September 12 2013, 10:06 AM BST

The words I heard were ITV studio South Bank, but I have not done a search for that yet.

If you find out post it here.

I would imagine that it is on whatever site ITV use for issuing tickets by now.

Quote: Mike88 @ September 12 2013, 10:06 AM BST

Almost certainly The London Studios (South Bank, by Waterloo Station), but tickets have not yet been released.

Quote: Aaron @ September 12 2013, 1:09 PM BST

Almost certainly The London Studios (South Bank, by Waterloo Station), but tickets have not yet been released.

I've just done some googling, but no sites mentioning tickets for it yet and it does not seem to be on the schedule on the website of those ITV studios yet,

I'm forgetting that the original series was mostly (wholly?) recorded at Teddington Studios, so that's also a good bet.

Quote: Aaron @ September 12 2013, 1:44 PM BST

I'm forgetting that the original series was mostly (wholly?) recorded at Teddington Studios, so that's also a good bet.

Aye but that was by Alomo for the BBC, this is by ??? for ITV.

Only the Authors & the Stars are the same.
:D

I thought Laurence said South Bank, but I could be wrong.

Quote: billwill @ September 12 2013, 1:48 PM BST

Aye but that was by Alomo for the BBC, this is by ??? for ITV.

Alomo were bought by SelecTV. SelecTV were bought by Pearson who were bought by Fremantle. Fremantle's scripted comedy arm is now called Retort, who will be producing the series, possibly with the Alomo brand revived for old times' sake.

And Fremantle, like every other independent production company, have used studios including Teddington. The channel of intended broadcast is irrelevant.

Indeed, South Bank Studios. The old shows were recorded at Elstree - the first three series I think - before the floor started sinking into the tank used for Moby Dick and cameras began to wobble, which is why we moved to Teddington. The new series is written by Marks and Gran, and Lawson and Phelps (who also collaborated on the stage play).

Quote: Micheal Jacob @ September 12 2013, 3:46 PM BST

The old shows were recorded at Elstree - the first three series I think - before the floor started sinking into the tank used for Moby Dick and cameras began to wobble, which is why we moved to Teddington.

Ha! Dear oh dear! Fascinating bit of trivia Micheal, thanks very much. :)

Yeah, I was puzzled by Aaron's remark about Teddington, because I knew I'd spend most of the early times fixing the computers at Elstree, but I also remember going down to Teddington too. But it seems long ago & I wondered if it was a different sitcom, you did have several on the go at the same time, but your explanation Micheal has clarified it.

I never knew before why you switched to Teddington.

I was doing lots of other things at the time too, including rewriting my software for the automated test machines at MK Electric in their Southgate Product Test Lab.

Ticket pre-registration is now open: http://www.sroaudiences.com/application.asp?show_id=1156

I would imagine The London Studios, but still not confirmed.