Doc Martin Page 3

Well, that's disappointing to read. I feared the worst when reading about the new Aunt that would be joining the show.

A spoiler warning would have been nice, too.

Ah- sorry, mate. Will take note in future.

No worries.

I'm looking forward to the season, regardless.

Hi all. Can someone sort a little issue I need resolving? On Monday's Doc Martin at the funeral, there was a lady on the organ with a neck brace on. She was playing some music before the song Abide By Me was played (as the coffin came in). This was only short but is the piece I want to identify?
Help please!

New series looks quite good but its not as funny without Stephanie Cole.

Poor Aunt Joan. :(

Quote: martin howe @ September 21 2011, 8:16 PM BST

Hi all. Can someone sort a little issue I need resolving? On Monday's Doc Martin at the funeral, there was a lady on the organ with a neck brace on. She was playing some music before the song Abide By Me was played (as the coffin came in). This was only short but is the piece I want to identify?
Help please!

Wasn't it Jerusalem?

^Yes.

Quote: Snork @ September 21 2011, 8:28 PM BST

New series looks quite good but it's not as funny without Stephanie Cole.

Yeah. I hated when they killed off Auntie Joan. Stephanie Cole was brilliant in the role. But, she has noted in interviews that she just wanted to move on to other projects and had nothing but respect and love for the cast and crew. And as the seasons go on, Dame Eileen Atkins, as Aunt Ruth is becoming as natural a part of the show as Auntie Joan. Wish the writers would have had Joan sail away with her once upon a time lover, now drifter/sailor, rather than die. That way, she could come back in cameo appearances. Be fun to see Joan and Ruth together on Joan's farm!

The reason for me to seek out this thread was because the local PBS station was on their fund drive again. So as they showed the DVD of 50s music, again, and the Piano Boys again, I watched old DVRs of AYBS, KUA, The Vicar of Dibley, The Thin Blue Line, topped off with 2 episodes of Series 4 Doc Martin.

Hadn't seen the Doc in many months. Last night, I was reminded of why I love it. Looking so forward to S6!!!

Quote: bigfella @ September 21 2009, 3:32 PM BST

This thing is actually comedy gold. Far funnier than many sitcoms in my opinion.

Clunes of course makes the show.

With a bit of help from John Marquez. (PC Penhale! He is hilarious!)

I'm waiting with bated breath for the NEW Series of Doc Martin. The show is fantastic. Martin Clunes is a brilliant actor. Wave

Quote: iheardu2 @ July 23 2013, 8:38 PM BST

I'm waiting with bated breath for the NEW Series of Doc Martin. The show is fantastic. Martin Clunes is a brilliant actor. Wave

Well, it's definitely coming!. But WHEN to the States?

There's a great article on Clunes by this very website, here.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/doc_martin/interview/martin_clunes/

Didn't the Bride look beautiful.

Seriously I would! Marry her that is.

Doc Martin is an interesting comedy show, much like the Last of the Summer Wine. There's entertaining dog and Doc moments. The Doc's a real humanitarian and a vegetarian. He's a horse and buggy heartwarming kinda guy. He can really take it on the chin. Also he has terrific parents. You'll absolutely love this show.

I hate all of the characters in this show so annoying.

You're a real ray of sunshine at the moment, David!