Which comedy stars have you met? Page 6

Quote: Marwood8 @ April 19 2013, 8:02 PM BST

I worked for the BBC, so I met quite a few comedy stars... one of the nicest comedians I met was Rob Brydon, a really funny guy, easy to talk to and no chip on his shoulder. The worst comedian I met was....

...let me guess...
Whistling nnocently

I once enjoyed a log flume ride at Flambards theme park in Cornwall with Rory McGrath!

#accidentalpartidge

I don't know if this counts but I know a woman who served Billy Connolly in a chip shop in Glasgow. She only realised it was him when he'd left.They don't look at customers in chip shops. Robbie Coltrane told a guy I know who was busking to "F**k off!" (and they say witty repartee's dead) because he had the temerity to say "Hey, big man! You're a ringer for him off the telly!" My brother bumped into afore-mentioned big gob-shite at the bar in a pub in Glasgow and he got very stroppy "No excuse me. No pardon me. No manners." Such natural wit. But hey! As David Bowie's always saying to me - "Don't be a name-dropper."

Quote: Tuumble @ April 5 2013, 5:07 PM BST

I was once in a branch of DFS and I witnessed John and Norma Major both testing the bounciness of a sofa.

Sure it wasn't John and Edwina Currie?

I once pissed in next urinal to James Bachman (the one in Mitchell & Webb who isn't either Mitchell or Webb).

Quote: Longing For The Old Classics @ August 26 2013, 7:05 PM BST

My aunt actually had to stop my uncle flattening

What happened when your uncle used to flatten? Did he lie on his front or back, with his arms and legs spread-eagled? Did his body collapse into itself, in a series of concertina-like sections, until you could only see his feet, with a short ring above it, holding the rest of his body, in segments? Or did he suddenly turn into a liquid or semi-liquid, or Plasticine-like substance, and then spread his body area into a flat round pancake-type shape?

Quote: Phoenix Lazarus @ August 30 2013, 7:07 PM BST

What happened when your uncle used to flatten? Did he lie on his front or back, with his arms and legs spread-eagled? Did his body collapse into itself, in a series of concertina-like sections, until you could only see his feet, with a short ring above it, holding the rest of his body, in segments? Or did he suddenly turn into a liquid or semi-liquid, or Plasticine-like substance, and then spread his body area into a flat round pancake-type shape?

This has had me chuckling for a while! :)

Oh, and I sat a row behind Tim Healy on a flight from Manchester to Heathrow. Does he count as a comedy star?

To name just a few, George Carlin, Redd Foxx, Don Rickles, Jim Jeffries, Lisa Lampanelli, Gilbert Gottfried, Leslie Neilsen, Mickey Rooney, Tony Curtis, John Astin, Andrew Dice Clay, Gallager.

Dave Gorman follows me on Twitter.

Does that count?

Met Johnny Vegas (I say met, I mean did the can-can on stage with) in Dublin circa, oooh, 1999? The support act downstairs in the bar was a young Mr S. Pegg.

Quote: AndyGilder @ August 31 2013, 1:52 PM BST

Dave Gorman follows me on Twitter.

Does that count?

Nice bloke Dave Gorman - he's replied to a few of my tweets to him.

I have met many comedians before and after their shows.

Many were at the Fringe Festival including...

Les Dennis, Sandi Toksvig, Nicholas Parsons, Richard Herring, Brendon Burns, Josh Widdecombe, Seann Walsh, Gyles Brandreth, Sean Hughes, Marcus Brigstocke, Rich Hall, Simon Evans, Jeremy Hardy, Justin Edwards, Matt Forde, Susan Calman, Mark Steel, Kevin Day, David Baddiel, Rory Mcgrath, Terry Alderton, Sean Lock, Jason Byrne, Ed Byrne, Tim Vine...

But the highlights were meeting and chatting/drinking with Greg Proops and Paul Merton, both amazing, terrific, people!!!

Once had a tweet from Neil Deleamre of "The Blame Game"

Met Phill Jupitus 5 times, in one year!

(By the way, this is all true)

Robbie Coltrane is a notoriously unfriendly c**t.

This might be the first time this person has been mentioned on the forum.

I spoke with Billy "King of the Cops" Howard at an air show.

But, I wonder, has Agnes G got any of his records?

Quote: GallonOfAlan @ September 5 2013, 8:37 AM BST

Robbie Coltrane is a notoriously unfriendly c**t.

Nice language.