Count Arthur Strong - Series 1 (TV) Page 24

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 19 2013, 9:43 PM BST

Did you buy it in store as the website seems a bit odd atm?

Yes in store.

Stunned at the negativity towards the TV series. Loved it, quote from it and may even buy a Count Arthur strong mug!

Quote: G180e @ August 20 2013, 8:38 PM BST

Yes in store.

I went into HMV Wolves yesterday . . 'Sorry. We only had one sent to us yesterday and it was sold. Probably won't have anymore.'

Go bust T*ss*rs !

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 21 2013, 4:19 PM BST

I went into HMV Wolves yesterday . . 'Sorry. We only had one sent to us yesterday and it was sold. Probably won't have anymore.'

Go bust T*ss*rs !

Yes I bought it, they only had the one in there but they had got about 5 copies of Count Arthur Strong - The Musical? in the stand-up section.

Quote: G180e @ August 21 2013, 4:51 PM BST

Yes I bought it, they only had the one in there but they had got about 5 copies of Count Arthur Strong - The Musical? in the stand-up section.

That's what they tried to offer me first !

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 21 2013, 5:59 PM BST

That's what they tried to offer me first !

Have you already got that one then? I did buy that as well on Monday.

Go bust T*ss*rs !

Buy it through us. Quicker, cheaper, easier, and support to keep the site online. :)

Quote: Aaron @ August 23 2013, 10:13 PM BST

Buy it through us. Quicker, cheaper, easier, and support to keep the site online. :)

And you get a free doughnut !

OK then, I will . . .

Go bust T*ss*rs !

Excellent, HMV Wolves is in my stomping ground too, but I happened to be in Manchester on Wednesday and got it there. They had six out on the shelves. I'm loving it more the more I watch it. It's always The Count's delivery or performance that gets me more than the situations. Just the way the man says the odd line. I'm walking round the house today thinking, 'You can look forward to something you've only just found out about. Like when you switch on the television and they say, "The Hairy Bikers is just finishing."' And in the midst of one of the gloomiest few weeks I've had in years and I'm probably clinically depressed again, I laugh out loud to myself. I never got to hear much of the radio but I've spent a chunk of the money I earned marking exam papers on all the CDs and the Musical. It all comes tomorrow so I'll be happy again.

I've not got round to buying it yet ... I'm afraid!!!

Quote: Pip Bond @ August 26 2013, 1:35 PM BST

Excellent, HMV Wolves is in my stomping ground too, but I happened to be in Manchester on Wednesday and got it there. They had six out on the shelves. I'm loving it more the more I watch it. It's always The Count's delivery or performance that gets me more than the situations. Just the way the man says the odd line. I'm walking round the house today thinking, 'You can look forward to something you've only just found out about. Like when you switch on the television and they say, "The Hairy Bikers is just finishing."' And in the midst of one of the gloomiest few weeks I've had in years and I'm probably clinically depressed again, I laugh out loud to myself. I never got to hear much of the radio but I've spent a chunk of the money I earned marking exam papers on all the CDs and the Musical. It all comes tomorrow so I'll be happy again.

You will love the radio shows . . promise ! :)

Okay, managed to watch the whole series and... it was very, very funny. Loved it, to be honest.

And I pretty much don't get on at all with the radio series which, as I've said before, is just an old man getting his words wrong. I've listened to the whole lot trying to get it and the only time I've got into it was when it actually delved into a proper sitcom story.

Anyway, this is so much better for concentrating on Michael as a character and has obvious Linehan set pieces and gags. I've got to say it's the most consistent sitcom of recent times to actually finish each scene on a gag, with the exception of the very good pathos of the last couple of episodes.

Anyway, highlights for me were the 'heartattack' episode; Michael sitting on the sofa and 'Is this some sort of *horse* newspaper?'

:D

Excellent. Happy it's coming back as a TV series; not least because it won't leave Steve Delaney any time to write more of the radio equivalent ;)

Dan

You're a wrong-un, Dan, and no mistake!

Let me preface by saying I've only seen it on YouTube. The pilot episode left me a bit cold, couldn't see what the fuss was about, but I was able to watch a few more episodes and I must admit the show grew on me. I didn't care much for his Gilbert Gottfried delivery, but everything considered I'll watch what I can.

Genius, sublime,Genius, wonderful oh and genius