Should I get OFAH Complete

Just been looking at the new OFAH complete box set and I really like it. But I already have them separetely from when they first came out , should I get the new box set?

Quote: G180e @ January 12 2013, 6:01 PM GMT

Just been looking at the new OFAH complete box set and I really like it. But I already have them separetely from when they first came out , should I get the new box set?

If you've already got them I wouldn't. Unless you're very rich.

Well I'm comfortable you know so yeah I think I'll get it, my mate will have all my old ones.

Deffo

I saw all the episodes countless times on telly when originally shown

Swore I'd never waste money on the DVDs - what's the point ?

But I did anyway and I'm glad

It's one of those shows that you can watch over and over again and you still enjoy

As long as it had all the specials, I'd probably buy it too.

Still considering this, shall I buy it? I have them all separately in the old packaging and some are scratched, shall I get the 2011 complete collection set?

Quote: Kidda @ January 14 2013, 9:14 PM GMT

As long as it had all the specials,

That.
And if you can get it at a reasonable price why not?

Quote: G180e @ August 26 2013, 10:16 AM BST

Still considering this, shall I buy it? I have them all separately in the old packaging and some are scratched, shall I get the 2011 complete collection set?

If your originals are scratched then they need replacing. You just need to decide if you want the whole thing, or just replace the damaged individual discs.

Replacing individuals is probably cheaper, but a box set will take up less space. And you can make some money back by eBaying the non-damaged discs.

Less than £30...

See Amazon product listing

Quote: Aaron @ August 26 2013, 1:36 PM BST

Less than £30...

Don't make me horny, Aaron. :D

Quote: Aaron @ August 26 2013, 1:36 PM BST

If your originals are scratched then they need replacing. You just need to decide if you want the whole thing, or just replace the damaged individual discs.

Replacing individuals is probably cheaper, but a box set will take up less space. And you can make some money back by eBaying the non-damaged discs.

Less than £30...

Cheers Aaron. I have now ordered and found someone who is going to pay me for the non scratched discs.

The 2011 boxset is heavily edited, so in reality you are only seeing a watered down version of the actual aired programme

Longingfortheoldclassics

I have the completed box set from when it first came out.

It's an un-edited version they released with a magazine partwork series in 2005. It is fantastic.

This doesn't contain the magazines though:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Only-Fools-and-Horses-Complete-DVD-Collection-VGC-Some-still-unwrapped-/121165087553?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item1c36008341

My edition is from BBC America and has all the scenes that are cut out on the British versions, according to Wikipedia.

Quote: george roper @ August 26 2013, 7:20 PM BST

Longingfortheoldclassics

I have the completed box set from when it first came out.

It's an un-edited version they released with a magazine partwork series in 2005. It is fantastic.

This doesn't contain the magazines though:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Only-Fools-and-Horses-Complete-DVD-Collection-VGC-Some-still-unwrapped-/121165087553?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item1c36008341

I have those ones as well as they are not edited as much, I have the magazines as well. They are edited though, A Royal Flush is still heavily edited and A Losing Streak is edited as well.

More about the edits here, answered by John Sullivan's son.

http://www.ofah.net/blog/jim-sullivan-on-only-fools-and-horses-cuts/

Oh no someone on this site said A Royal Flush is not edited.