Mount Pleasant - Series 3

I really have enjoyed the previous two series of this Sky One/Living comedy-drama and I'm now really excited for the brand new third series which starts on 11th September. Does anybody else on here like this?

I think it's crackin and they chose the cast really well. I actually just started watching this past year so I'm only part way through series 2, but so far so good. It reminds me a lot of Stella for some reason, both having very strong leads and very strong supporting roles. The thing with Mount Pleasant though which other shows fail to do is to really flesh out the other characters.

Quote: BenS @ August 24 2013, 4:46 PM BST

I think it's crackin and they chose the cast really well. I actually just started watching this past year so I'm only part way through series 2, but so far so good. It reminds me a lot of Stella for some reason, both having very strong leads and very strong supporting roles. The thing with Mount Pleasant though which other shows fail to do is to really flesh out the other characters.

Yes, the only downside I felt about Series 2 was that there was less comedy moments and a lot more drama, but it was still a very good enjoyable series.

Quote: G180e @ August 24 2013, 4:52 PM BST

Yes, the only downside I felt about Series 2 was that there was less comedy moments and a lot more drama, but it was still a very good enjoyable series.

Yes I agree, I'm seeing that as I make my way through. I think because we know the characters more now and they've successfully survived what series 1 threw at them the writers are now looking at more serious plotlines. It isn't just this series, some others have followed that trend I've noticed as well. I'm thinking of (it's an oldie now) Hotel Babylon... started with a lot of comedic subplots in the earlier series and they diminished overtime.

I am really looking forward to the new series to see how our characters are getting on since we left them and to see what the new characters are going to be like.

Enjoyed tonight's episode, a very good opener but it's a shame that Pauline Collins, Angela Griffin, Robson Green and Liza Tarbuck never returned for the new series but on the whole a very watchable opener to the new series.

I really enjoyed Series 1 and 2 and laughed a lot. Unfortunately Series 3 has gone all serious and I've hardly laughed at all. I've watched Eps 1-5 so have definitely given it a chance. Will keep watching in the hope it becomes funny again. Bianca's my favourite.

Quote: Cordelia69 @ October 10 2013, 11:46 PM BST

I really enjoyed Series 1 and 2 and laughed a lot. Unfortunately Series 3 has gone all serious and I've hardly laughed at all. I've watched Eps 1-5 so have definitely given it a chance. Will keep watching in the hope it becomes funny again. Bianca's my favourite.

I disagree, whilst Series 3 has provided some heavy dramatic plot lines there still has been some funny scenes dropped in. Series 1 in my opinion, provided the most comedy.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone can fill me in on what happened in the first episode of the current series of Mount Pleasant?
I have recently moved house and missed all episodes until this week when I got Sky TV installed, however I can't use catch up for the 1st episode, and that's the most important one!
I absolutely love this programme, so I would be grateful of any answers that will help me catch up.
Thanks

Quote: Sue O'Neill @ October 22 2013, 12:57 PM BST

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone can fill me in on what happened in the first episode of the current series of Mount Pleasant?
I have recently moved house and missed all episodes until this week when I got Sky TV installed, however I can't use catch up for the 1st episode, and that's the most important one!
I absolutely love this programme, so I would be grateful of any answers that will help me catch up.
Thanks

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/mount_pleasant/episodes/3/1/

Last episode I saw was series 3, episode 4, so I know I'm a bit behind.

But I really miss Pauline Collins! Teary And Alan was so cute.

Am I alone in really, REALLY disliking the new neighbors?

Hi I am really disappointed with season 3 I miss all the old characters why haven't they returned it was so good with them all in it ,(not liking any of the new)its like an episode of eastenders some weeks why has been become so dark with the want a be gangster stories mix in with shamless... I use to look forward to watching this because it was so heart warming and funny please re think and return to what it was if any of the writers are reading Wave