Best Only Fools And Horses Character? Page 2

It has to be granddad!

Outside of Del Boy which is obviously the right answer, for me it's Boycie

Well it has to be Del Boy for me, but otherwise I would go with Trigger. Laughing out loud

Looking outside the obvious top 4 of Del, Rodney, Grandad and Albert..

I always had great appreciation for Mike. His droll facial expressions along with his ability to bounce off all the main characters was sublime. If he was still alive during the trilogy come-back, the show would have been 10 times funnier. (As with Unc)

Quote: Tommy Griff @ August 19 2013, 9:23 AM BST

I always had great appreciation for Mike. His droll facial expressions along with his ability to bounce off all the main characters was sublime.

Yes, Mike (K.McDonald) was great. Sadly, Sullivan didn't always give him great lines. He often was only the "preparer" for the punchlines of the others, things like "And what did you do then?". It would have been nice if he'd have got a more prominent role.

For best, I can't decide between Del and Rodney. Worst is Denzil, did he ever have any funny lines?

Quote: aquasplash3 @ August 19 2013, 10:04 PM BST

Denzil, did he ever have any funny lines?

Class of '62:

Slater enters the room...

Boycie: "I wish it had been our old headmaster."

Denzil: "I wish it had been Jeremy Beadle."

Mothers Nature's Son

Denzil: That's Derek Trotter in there, not bloody Einstein!

Trigger:

Del knows what he's talking about. And I don't see what the Beatles' manager has got to do with it anyway.

Denzil was good fun. I can't remember any specific hilarious lines of his, but I do remember enjoying the episode where the Trotters were going to redesign his flat and they take Corrinne's canary to take care of.

Quote: aquasplash3 @ August 19 2013, 10:04 PM BST

For best, I can't decide between Del and Rodney. Worst is Denzil, did he ever have any funny lines?

Mike - How's your luck, Denz?

Denzil - Same as Paxo treats a Turkey

-----

Rodney - All you've got is Haemorrhoids.

Denzil - Haemorrhoids? They were more like astroids!

The greatest thing for me about OFAH is that ALL the characters were amazing, I genuinely cannot think of one character who I did not like or who did not have a cracking line at some point.
From Del to Alan Parry, they were all so well scripted and well acted that it is hard to choose.
If I HAD to it would be obviously Del for me followed by boycie/trigger as they were equally hilarious to me.

Quote: Longingfortheoldclassics @ August 21 2013, 8:48 AM BST

Alan Parry

The actor Denis Lill was great as Alan but I saw him in Yes Minister and Red Dwarf since then. Very charismatic and likable guy. Likeable...no, in YM and RD he played bastards and he did that very convincing. So he's a very good actor.
Was he in other popular comedy stuff as well? I'd like to see more of him.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ August 21 2013, 8:57 AM BST

The actor Denis Lill was great as Alan but I saw him in Yes Minister and Red Dwarf since then. Very charismatic and likable guy. Likeable...no, in YM and RD he played bastards and he did that very convincing. So he's a very good actor.
Was he in other popular comedy stuff as well? I'd like to see more of him.

To be honest I am not that knowledgable about his career but the only other sitcom I can remember him from was one with Timothy Spall called outside edge. I can remember finding the programme funny but cannot remember much about him as it was quite a while ago.

The one I always remember is Marlene, but of course all the lads remember Marlene.

Not counting Del and Rodney, I think either Uncle Albert or Slater. If I was going to go for 'one shot' characters, the Driscol Brothers. Would have liked to see them in it for more than just the one appearence.

I liked Denzil the best because I liked him when he got annoyed with Del.