Best Only Fools And Horses Character?

Who do you think? I like Trigger because he was really dumb and I liked him calling Rodney, Dave. :) Who is your favourite character? :D

They all have their moments but I'd also go with Trigger. I don't think there were many of his scenes in which he fails to make me laugh out loud.

I love Boycie. So The Green Green Grass should be the fullfillment of my wet dream...sadly I found it a bit disappointing.

Got to be Grandad.

"Can't expect me to paint with my feet, Delboy..."

One of the greatest OFAH one off characters was the chain smoking chairman of the housing committee. The actor was looking a bit like Lee Van Cleef...he also played little roles in Porridge, Red Dwarf and Filthy, Rich & Catflap.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ April 10 2013, 8:47 PM BST

One of the greatest OFAH one off characters was the chain smoking chairman of the housing committee. The actor was looking a bit like Lee Van Cleef...he also played little roles in Porridge, Red Dwarf and Filthy, Rich & Catflap.

That episode and that scene in particular annoys me, because
Trigger calls Rodney Rodney for the one and only time, should never have done that IMO.

Jim Broadbent as Roy Slater was sublime

Quote: lofthouse @ April 10 2013, 10:43 PM BST

Jim Broadbent as Roy Slater was sublime

So true!

The worst ever performance imo was by the actor who played the store manager in "The Longest Night". The actor is likeable and the character would be great...but the performance is a reject of the 70s. In 70s sitcoms you see sometimes actors who think they have to act "funny" instead of playing it naturally/straight. They overdoing their lines. Shame, but it's the only such case in OFAH. Every other performance is good or great.

I know, my post is a teeny weeny bit off topic...but I think starting a new thread "Worst actor/character in OFAH" would be more annoying.

Quote: whatkindoffoolami @ April 10 2013, 10:39 PM BST

That episode and that scene in particular annoys me, because
Trigger calls Rodney Rodney for the one and only time, should never have done that IMO.

I can understand that, Trigger calling Rodney "Rodney" spoils a bit of the "Dave"-magic. On the other hand this scene shows us a bit more of Rodney's character. Sometimes he can be a bit pompous but he chickens out at the same time if he has to take responsibility. Secondly, it's not very hard for clever people to frame him. And this scene shows us exactly these elements.

Del Mike Raquel and Cassandra Rodney

Tony Angelino.

For me, it's Trigger and Rodney.

I always found it funny hearing Trigger call Rodney David and Rodney's idiocy lead to some funny moments too.

Don't care if it's a boring answer. The correct answer is Del Boy.

Quote: jphellpool @ August 14 2013, 12:49 PM BST

Don't care if it's a boring answer. The correct answer is Del Boy.

You can't go far wrong with this answer.

Outside of Del and Rodney, I would go for Boycie. He's a good foil to Del in their exchanges and the scenes where he gives Del a filthy look after Del has commented about Marlene are always memorable.